App for Xoom tether to Droid x or Droid Bionic

shopman1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there will be an app developed to tether our Droid phones to the Xoom?:motdroidvert:

mickmel

Reaction score
Yep, but you have to pay extra for it (or root). The wireless tethering feature on your phone will take care of it.

OP
S

shopman1

Reaction score
Not realy, I am running EasyTether on my Droid X which gives me access to the net on my laptop for free. Thats what Im talking about.

cplus

Reaction score
Xoom comes with Honey Comb which includes native wifi tethering. I have a 1GB/month data plan and it DOES NOT COST EXTRA to use the hotspot feature. Just tried and works great.

OP
S

shopman1

Reaction score
Maby I was not clear about tether

I have an app on my Droid X that allows me to tether it via its USB charging cord to my laptop and get to the internet though the phone 3g.
I want to be able to do that with the xoom so I dont need to pick up yet another plan.

cplus

Reaction score
I have an app on my Droid X that allows me to tether it via its USB charging cord to my laptop and get to the internet though the phone 3g.
I want to be able to do that with the xoom so I dont need to pick up yet another plan.

You will want to enable wifi tethering on your Droid X and connect the Xoom to that network. If you are rooted, just download "Wifi Tether for Root Users."

Trixie

Reaction score
Any advice for using an HTC G2 tether the xoom, ala PDA net or such?

Stuboy

Reaction score
Xoom Blue Tooth tether with Droid X Question

I followed the instructions in your link and appear to have connected my Xoom to my X through BlueTooth. Questions is, do I ever have to disconnect them? Can you be connected to 2 blue tooth devices at the same time i.e., xoom and BMW? Maybe a dumb question but...

Thanks,

dragonvstone

Reaction score
HP, I've tethered my xoom to my droid x but I still can't get the internet to flow to the xoom. When I visit a webpage on the xoom it says unable to connect. Xoom shows a successful pairing and tethering. Could verizon be blocking it in the droid x?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Last edited: