App for poor eyesight?

ziltoid

Reaction score
Hello all.

My boss has a G1 phone, I believe and asked me if there any any apps that can blow up any screen. Are there any apps that can blow up any screen? He mentioned when he gets a call, he would like to be able to see who is calling. He can't see it the way it is as default. I saw there is an app called Big Dialer and another one (forgot the name) but do they just make the dialer big and not who is calling?

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

My boss has a G1 phone, I believe and asked me if there any any apps that can blow up any screen. Are there any apps that can blow up any screen? He mentioned when he gets a call, he would like to be able to see who is calling. He can't see it the way it is as default. I saw there is an app called Big Dialer and another one (forgot the name) but do they just make the dialer big and not who is calling?

Thanks!

I'm not sure of an app specifically, however since I'm in the same position as your boss I use the app called eye glasses. They are easy to use, you don't have to hook up your phone up to them and do a great job of making the screen easier to see.

Some people prefer the app "contact lenses" but I personally don't want to stick something in my eyes. ;)

I'm having so much problems between my phone and my computer that I'm going to trifocals this next week.

RCFlyn

Reaction score
I'm not sure of an app specifically, however since I'm in the same position as your boss I use the app called eye glasses. They are easy to use, you don't have to hook up your phone up to them and do a great job of making the screen easier to see.

Some people prefer the app "contact lenses" but I personally don't want to stick something in my eyes. ;)

I'm having so much problems between my phone and my computer that I'm going to trifocals this next week.

LMAO!!!
I too had that problem Hook. I didn't really like the Physical appearance of the Glasses app, so I opted for the contacts app for awhile. However, after getting tired of the Sticking something in the Eyes, I found the Lasik app, and havent looked back since... 2nd best thing I ever did with my life...

OP
ziltoid

ziltoid

Reaction score
Ha! Yeah I know. I am assuming he doesn't want to have to throw on his glasses every time he gets a call.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Can he add a photo the to contact? This way it becomes a Picture Caller ID type thing.

My dad's phone does this and he loves it because then he can see their photo and know who is calling. Then he doesn't need his glasses to read the name or number. It doesn't even have to be their photo, mine is some flowers.

My Droid1 also does this.

OP
ziltoid

ziltoid

Reaction score
That's a good idea, actually. I'll bring it up to him. That's if he didn't buy the iphone yet which he was bragging about. If you double tap anywhere on the iphone, it will zoom in. It's the only selling point to him.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Doesn't Android have this built in via the accessibility options via the settings? I know there is a zoom and stuff in mine? If not..There are apps that actually SPEAK the name of the caller...Maybe that would work?

Blayzn

Reaction score
Hello all.

Thanks!

This post is quite offensive. You should think before you speak/type. I know it's just ignorance on your part, but it still doesn't make it right. I am visually impaired myself, as is my brother. Contacts or glasses do NOT fix the problem. Not all eye problems can be fixed with those. Visual impairments can be caused by MANY things, and many can not be fixed, or improved in any way. Not with glasses, not with contacts, not with LASIK, or any other kind of surgeries. If you really think they're all that easy to fix, you need to do some research. As a visually impaired person, I have to deal with ignorant people all the time that do not understand at all, and it gets quite annoying. So, once again, think before you speak/type. Things aren't always as you think they are.

If you aren't as ignorant as you came off in that post and was just goofing off for whatever reason, I apologize. But, like I said, I deal with ignorant people all the time, so it's hard for me to tell if you truly thought it would be that easy for that dude's boss, or if you was just in a goofy mood and just joking around. I'm just quite sensitive when it comes to this subject.

Mopsgang

Reaction score
I can understand your sensitivity to this situation. I have been searching for apps for my husband who is afflicted with vision issues and has just been found to be legally blind, although he can see a little bit. I would like to get a tablet for him and am trying to decide whether to go Apple or Android (I'm an Android fan, obviously, or I wouldn't be here). If you have found any applications for an Android tablet that would be helpful, I'd appreciate your sharing.

Good luck to you -- and thank you for anything you can share.

rvcjew

Reaction score
He can raise the font with the spare parts plus app. If he wants everything bigger he can change his screen density in his build.prop if he's rooted(not recommended if you don't know what your doing, Apps on the market will also change this for you.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Mopsgang

Reaction score
Thank you -- not rooted; not that technically savvy, but will look into that. I really appreciate the response!!

rvcjew

Reaction score
Thank you -- not rooted; not that technically savvy, but will look into that. I really appreciate the response!!

No problem being a person that is nearsighted, I understand what he's going through.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mrobinwood

Reaction score
Doesn't Android have this built in via the accessibility options via the settings? I know there is a zoom and stuff in mine? If not..There are apps that actually SPEAK the name of the caller...Maybe that would work?

Setting it to "Driving Mode" will read out the name / number and texts if he wanted.