App for a "specific caller"?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have looked high and low, to no avail... but I was wondering if there is an app that will allow the phone to ring for a specific caller even if the phone is in silent mode? Like if I put the phone in silent mode at night and I want it to ring normally if my girlfriend calls. Is there such an app? Thanks! :)

spydergirl

Reaction score
My husband wondered that same question for when he is on-call through work. He normally has his phone set to silent at night, but he needs to be able to receive notifications from one particular number 24/7 when he is on-call. He solved the problem by downloading an app called "Klaxon" which is specifically a "pager app." I'm not sure if it would solve your problem or not, but if you find something that you're looking-for, please keep us posted because I'd like to find an app for the same thing as well.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I would check out WhoIsIt Beta in the market - it allows you to create specific profiles to a specific contact...

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would check out WhoIsIt Beta in the market - it allows you to create specific profiles to a specific contact...

Thank you very much smalltowngirl13!! I'm gonna give it a shot, looks exactly like what I am looking for! :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ringo lite. Before going to bed put phone default ringer to silent, have your Ringo contacts to default but hers to the one you want and she can then wake you with her calls. Same thing with texts

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ringo lite. Before going to bed put phone default ringer to silent, have your Ringo contacts to default but hers to the one you want and she can then wake you with her calls. Same thing with texts

Thank you! I'll check that one out too... even though I already bought the one that smalltowngirl13 suggested. LOL

Much appreciated!

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My husband wondered that same question for when he is on-call through work. He normally has his phone set to silent at night, but he needs to be able to receive notifications from one particular number 24/7 when he is on-call. He solved the problem by downloading an app called "Klaxon" which is specifically a "pager app." I'm not sure if it would solve your problem or not, but if you find something that you're looking-for, please keep us posted because I'd like to find an app for the same thing as well.

I just tried the "WhoIsIt" that smalltowngirl13 suggested, and so far it works exactly how I wanted it to, you can set ringtones and vibrations for each contact, you can set contacts as "VIP" which will allow them to ring and vibrate normally when they call or text, even if the phone is in silent mode. It's $1.99 for the app, but so far it's well worth it to me and it's exactly what I was looking for. (Thanks again smalltowngirl13) :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Awesome - glad it is working!!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just found Smartmode. I think that is what you are looking for and it's free
Bummer I see you already bought one.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just found Smartmode. I think that is what you are looking for and it's free
Bummer I see you already bought one.

I appreciate in man, it's no biggie to me paying the 2 bucks for it... I got woke up at 4AM the other night by a wrong number. I put the phone in silent mode and went back to sleep, and my girlfriend was trying to call me and the phone was on silent. So to me, 2 bucks to avoid all that again is a very small price to pay LOL

antmeyerx

Reaction score

I like this app, i was wondering if there was anyway if you were able to ever set notifications etc, i was mad when i first got it because you couldnt do that but this app helped alot. Thank You :)