Caller I'D reader

Lexparsimoniae

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking for an app that will tell me who is calling me. I know there are a bunch, but it seems they use the media volume setting and ignore my ring setting. In other words, they ignore my ring volume/vibrate/silent. I want one that I can change the volume of the announcement using the ringer volume, and when I set the phone to vibrate/silent... I actually want the phone to vibrate/be silent instead of announcing the caller.

An app that would do this for texts/emails would be great too. There, I'd like the additional option of being able to choose between hearing just a notification of new text/Email, text/Email senders name, sender and subject(email), sender and message(text).

I currently use Skyvi to read me my incoming texts, and I do like it.... But... It ignores my ringer settings and uses my media volume for its announcement. So I turned my regular incoming notification off so I only hear the voice (IVONA Nicole), but then I don't get any alert for new emails.

Anybody think of an app that will do what I want? Or will I need separate apps to verbalize my incoming texts/emails/calls?

Thanks, Lex

OP
L

Lexparsimoniae

Reaction score
I should add that I want it to read the name of the caller if they are in my contacts, otherwise I'd like the option to choose between ringtone, call from unknown/blocked, call from -reads number-.