App does not show up after download

kenbaker0011

Reaction score
I have had several applications that will appear to download successfully, appear as installed in the applications list and on the marketplace, but which do not appear in the applications drawer. Has anyone else seen this and is there a solution?

Thanks,

Ken

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Some apps do not have an Icon....Beautiful Widgets is one of them.

What you install?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ive noticed some take a few mins to show in the drawer too. I usually just restart and its fine.

jev

Reaction score
Mine does this all the time. Usually I don't have to re-start mine, just open and close the app drawer a couple of times. Maybe it has something to do with the home replacement apps. I didn't notice this when I was using the stock home app.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When an app installs there is a notification in your pull down window. Clicking on that should take you instantly to your app without you having to search for it.

I've never had a problem like this, I don't know what this app is but I will download it to see if there is an issue.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
the app that I am trying (among others) is the GPSonoff application.

Long-press your home screen, select widgets, then scroll down to GPS on/off.

I believe what you've downloaded is a widget, and NOT an application.

Please let me know if that works for you.

[Also, be sure you have room on your homescreen]

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
Try long a long press and bring up the "add to home screen" window, and then click on widgets to see if it's there.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This app is a widget. That's why you didn't see it right away. A long press on your home screen then select widgets brings it up right away.

On a side note, you already have a widget that controls that built in in your power widget bar so it may not even be necessary. I'm going to remove it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This app is a widget. That's why you didn't see it right away. A long press on your home screen then select widgets brings it up right away.

On a side note, you already have a widget that controls that built in in your power widget bar so it may not even be necessary. I'm going to remove it.

Agreed. I had the WiFi on/off toggle for a long time because it only takes up 1 space [I don't use Bluetooth often, keep my contrast how I have it set, and rarely need to disable sync, so the power widget took up too much space, but I changed things around on my home screens, and am now using the power control widget.]

On a side note: If you're using a home replacement app, that could be causing the lag in the app showing up in your drawer. As far as I understand, those apps can tend to load apps in their drawer in a different way than the stock home.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On a side note: If you're using a home replacement app, that could be causing the lag in the app showing up in your drawer. As far as I understand, those apps can tend to load apps in their drawer in a different way than the stock home.
I concur, and Home++ especially sometimes takes its time having icons show up or show up at all.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I concur, and Home++ especially sometimes takes its time having icons show up or show up at all.

Observations of Home ++ and request - Home++ Issues | Google Groups

In this thread, a user that offers quite a bit of useful info suggests enabling BOTH Safe Mode AND Persistent Home. He says it should keep it from reloading the app drawer so often.

Also, lazy loading is a big deal...although, I haven't bothered to google it...

Needless to say, the dev is aware of the issue and is actually working on splitting home++ into two separate and more efficient apps [yes, I've mentioned this elsewhere on DF]

**EDIT: I spend time there as Jon helping to answer questions/relay info that the dev has already shared in other threads.