[APP] AppWidget Picker - Makes Selecting Widgets Simpler!

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Works like a charm!!! will included this in all my themes! this is a def K.I.S.S apk!!!!!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
So simple yet so effective, I have been missing this option :)

reebz

Reaction score
I downloaded to my sd card and when I open system, there is no app folder. Do I need to create one? I'm having trouble finding a way to do that. I did install from sd card and it appeared to install, but when I open AppWidgetPicker to install a widget to my screen, it FC's. I'm using Astro file manager if that matters.

reebz

Reaction score
I downloaded to my sd card and when I open system, there is no app folder. Do I need to create one? I'm having trouble finding a way to do that. I did install from sd card and it appeared to install, but when I open AppWidgetPicker to install a widget to my screen, it FC's. I'm using Astro file manager if that matters.

Edit: I made an app folder in /system by mounting phone and creating a new folder. I tried installing again but still get same FC issue. Also, how do I change permissions?

shocka2430

Reaction score
Use root explorer move it to system apps fix the permissions then install. That's what I did worked first try. And this is an awesome app, very clean.

Sent from my Incognito Droid using Tapatalk

micp1480

Reaction score
No Good On My Droid

I have tried to set the permissions as stated and reset the phone to have everything snap back to the original permission. There is no save button, just an ok button after you make your changes.

MICP1480

shocka2430

Reaction score
Astro doesnt allow you in system apps, or let you fix permissions. So yes you need root explorer to fix the permissions.

shocka2430

Reaction score
I have tried to set the permissions as stated and reset the phone to have everything snap back to the original permission. There is no save button, just an ok button after you make your changes.

MICP1480

Instead of fixing then rebooting, fix then click it and hit install. That's the way I did it and it worked.

micp1480

Reaction score
But it says to to move the app. over to system app away from the SD card, and I am using Root Explorer. I did do an install and it I was getting forced closures.

MICP1480

shocka2430

Reaction score
Here's how I got it to work: download, opened root explorer, went to sdcard then download, held on it clicked move, backed out went to system then app, clicked button to mount rw, pasted, held on it clicked permissions set them read write,read,read. Then tapped it hit install and it installed. Should work.

reebz

Reaction score
Still having problems trying to use Terminal Emulator. I type the first line in as shown and when I hit "enter" to get to second line, this pops up, "cp: can't create '/system/app/appwidgetpicker-1.2.0.apk': Read-only file system

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Still having problems trying to use Terminal Emulator. I type the first line in as shown and when I hit "enter" to get to second line, this pops up, "cp: can't create '/system/app/appwidgetpicker-1.2.0.apk': Read-only file system

need to mount as rw