Apex sync icon

sprtsfanmm

Reaction score
I have been on Apex for a week and absolutely loveit however I can not seem to get the sync icon to go away. I have tried evertything including a factory reset. Any ideas would be appreciated. If I can't get this resolved as I believe it is affecting my battery I will give Rubix a shot

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have had this happen a few times on different roms/themes. I know it's super annoying but if nothing is syncing then it isn't actually hurting your battery. Check your accounts and if noting is syncing then it's nothing more than aesthetic. I would suggest doing a data wipe and flashing the rom again.

tappin and a talkin

nycorduroy

Reaction score
Ok I have had the same issue and after much forum searches this is what I have found. For me it was happening due to me using titanium backup to restore all my apps/data. From what I've read on the net it is a known titanium issue. If you used TB I bet that is why you have the issue.
If you use TB, open it up and freeze Contacts Sync 2.2 . Wait a minute or so and see if sync icon goes away. I just keep contacts sync 2.2 always frozen. Don't know actually what it does. I use google to manage my contacts and it does not affect it and my phone seems to have no issues with contacts sync frozen. I have not been able to find out if there are any negative side affects with keeping that program frozen.
Hope this helps out or at least gives you a place to look first.

It's not how far you go, it's how go you far!!!

OP
S

sprtsfanmm

Reaction score
Thanks. Freezing contacts did the trick

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App