apex boot animation

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Gracias!!!!!! Just the blue that matches honeybread would be AMAZING

I Just got my Dx yesterday and im having a ball with it~ The bootanimation sound is byfar my favorite part of APEX~ along with the fact that u get the blur u want without all the actual blur~

Last edited:
OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score
apex-1.gif

here you go. tested it on mine, you should be good to go

Last edited:

JustJack1235

Reaction score
I love the white glow around the screen... its different from the stock animation. Awesome job!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Brion1

Reaction score
Ok I am considering installing a boot animation through terminal emulator but I have two questions. When I type in the script from the first page of this thread, does it automatically replace the old boot animation? Second question, I feel stupid asking this but when I install different roms and themes I just keep them in my download folder and access them through that in clockwork. To install in the "root" of my sdcard, do they just mean the main sdcard folder or do I actually create a folder named root? I never have had to worry about that before and I don't want to mess anything up? Sorry if these questions have been asked before on here but I am at work and just glanced over the thread

JustJack1235

Reaction score
When u hear root of sdcard... it means no folder no nothing... just put it on there ~ and yes it will (should) automatically replace it.

OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score
Ok I am considering installing a boot animation through terminal emulator but I have two questions. When I type in the script from the first page of this thread, does it automatically replace the old boot animation? Second question, I feel stupid asking this but when I install different roms and themes I just keep them in my download folder and access them through that in clockwork. To install in the "root" of my sdcard, do they just mean the main sdcard folder or do I actually create a folder named root? I never have had to worry about that before and I don't want to mess anything up? Sorry if these questions have been asked before on here but I am at work and just glanced over the thread

yes, the terminal emulator commands will automatically replace your old boot animation with the new one, as long as it is on the root of your sd card.

and, yes, root just means the file is saved in the main sd card folder.

if you are concerned about going back to your old one if you don't like the new one, make sure you back it up first. the boot animation is in /data/local

Last edited:

Brion1

Reaction score
Thanks guys. One last issue. I just went ahead and purchased root explorer so I can back up my stock apex boot animation but it isn't showing up under data local. What am I doing wrong?

Update- I think I just found it in system/bin. Is that correct?

Last edited:
OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score
that doesn't sound right. there was no bootanimation.zip in /data/local?

this is in the main phone memory in root explorer, not on the sd card

Brion1

Reaction score
Nope I am not in the sdcard. Its the first directory when I open root explorer. At the top it just shows a "/". I go down to data then local. Just a tmp folder

OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score
weird. anyway, i pulled the original (for apex, not stock). just keep it on your sd card or computer, and whenever you want to change back, put it on the root of the card and use the commands from the earlier post

Brion1

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the help.

And now that I look back at it, it's not system/bin, it's system/media.