apex boot animation

suave85

Reaction score
Could you help me with this boot animation? I have tried everything i can think of to get it to work but once i drop it in data/local and reboot i don't get any boot animation.

OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score
Could you help me with this boot animation? I have tried everything i can think of to get it to work but once i drop it in data/local and reboot i don't get any boot animation.

it looks like this zip is set up to be flashed via clockwork. the problem is, it installs to the wrong directory (this is set to install into /system/media instead of /data/local, probably originally intended for a different phone).

i pulled the bootanimation.zip so you should be able to just drop it in /data/local

pimpannara

Reaction score
running the full screen boot animation now. looks good to me, thanks again!

deathshead

Reaction score

Same here, I cant get ANY custom boot animations working..

OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score

Same here, I cant get ANY custom boot animations working..

do you have a link to one you are trying to use? sometimes different phones have different formats. for example, i believe htc phones use an animated gif (could be wrong), where the x is individual png files.

KevTN

Reaction score
I hope it is ok to ask this here. Have apex 1.4.1. I found a boot animation that I like the only question is now what lol. I have astro and have been looking for my /data/local folder on my sd card found the data.but not the local when I go in there...

I know I will have to rename to bootanimation.zip and the other ibe to ba.bak

Thanks for any help

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score
astro won't let you get into /data in the phone memory, only on the sd card. grab root explorer from the market. you can access it with that

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score
here's another one i just finished up

andydance.gif

it runs better on the phone

KevTN

Reaction score
Thanks for your help...I forgot I even had root explorer on the phone. took 3 mins to rename the two files and move them...works great...thanks!

OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score
here's one more, i guess it's easy to see how i spent my saturday

[video=youtube;ZwkEy2QVL2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwkEy2QVL2Q[/video]

just drop the mp3 (extract joker.zip) in /system/media

edit: i changed the sound name to joker.mp3 (also updated the desc.txt). that way, you don't have to overwrite the default sound if you decide you want to go back

Last edited:

JustJack1235

Reaction score
What theme is that u are using? I want that lockscreen.... :)
Also... Is it possible to get the apex bootanimation in blue instead of green?