aol mail fails after jellybean

jimg50

Reaction score
after update I could not send mail, or receive it. I called verizon tech area and they confirmed aol problem. they also said it happened after ics update. I tried removing aol but it said connected to other apps. I tried removing some but was forced to do a phone reset to correct. all apps had to be restored and screeens icons put back. what a pain in the a..

richtheruler

Reaction score
Is there anyway to fix this problem without a reset? I've tried to add the account again by selecting other from the email account screen but it says aol already installed.

ajb3985

Reaction score
after update I could not send mail, or receive it. I called verizon tech area and they confirmed aol problem. they also said it happened after ics update. I tried removing aol but it said connected to other apps. I tried removing some but was forced to do a phone reset to correct. all apps had to be restored and screeens icons put back. what a pain in the a..

Same thing for me. No fix that i know of. I downloaded Aquamail and i actually like that app better than stockmail. I even bought the key for it..

ajb3985

Reaction score
Is there anyway to fix this problem without a reset? I've tried to add the account again by selecting other from the email account screen but it says aol already installed.

I did a reset thinking it would help. I was wrong. Dont bother reseting.

tonylumps

Reaction score
I had the same problem with AOL Mail I was able to delete the AOL account and start all over with a new Password. It has been working fine since. But then of course being in the Minority and having only the Apps. that where installed with the phone

rdmoore1952

Reaction score
Same experience here. Not in the mood to do a reset. I installed Maildroid and it works great. Now I have a separate button to select each of my three email accounts.

BigNunz6

Reaction score
Anyone figure a fix for this, my AOL email suddenly stopped working also today. Something about password change
and not bein logged in. I only have this email cause its so old and really don't use it anymore but would hate to update forums and etc..