aokp jb?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've been running it the past 2 or 3 weeks. Very stable, fast, and smooth. Haven't had an issue with it.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
dezymond said:
I've been running it the past 2 or 3 weeks. Very stable, fast, and smooth. Haven't had an issue with it.

Can i go right from m6 to any new jb build from aokp or do i have to start from the first one?

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
So no one hasn't responded yet so i thought id take it upon myself to download the latest aokp jb build 3 and flashed it over aokp m6 after i did a full wipe and it installed perfectly but i rebooted my phone to check something and when i did it bootlooped i panicked cause i couldn't restore a backup or get it running again i got REALLY LUCKY and for some reason i was able to get my backup to restore after countless times of trying so now I'm back on m6 i fear of going back to aokp jb until i know it's safe to go from aokp m6 to aokp jb i can't brick another phone :(

Last edited:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
So no one hasn't responded yet so i thought id take it upon myself to download the latest aokp jb build 3 and flashed it over aokp m6 after i did a full wipe and it installed perfectly but i rebooted my phone to check something and when i did it bootlooped i panicked cause i couldn't restore a backup or get it running again i got REALLY LUCKY and for some reason i was able to get my backup to restore after countless times of trying so now I'm back on m6 i fear of going back to aokp jb until i know it's safe to go from aokp m6 to aokp jb i can't brick another phone :(

You can install any JB ROM over an ICS ROM. That said one of two things happened to you.

1 - You really bootlooped for some reason. Perhaps you didn't wipe, installed something wrong, or one of many possibilities.

2 - At boot Jellybean does an error check. This can make for a long boot time, sometimes around 20 minutes for folks. You shouldn't have long boots every time, but you may occasionally see one longer than normal (the 20 minute versions are the extreme, usually they are just a couple minutes for the long boots). This is what I am imagining you are experiencing.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
cupfulloflol said:
You can install any JB ROM over an ICS ROM. That said one of two things happened to you.

1 - You really bootlooped for some reason. Perhaps you didn't wipe, installed something wrong, or one of many possibilities.

2 - At boot Jellybean does an error check. This can make for a long boot time, sometimes around 20 minutes for folks. You shouldn't have long boots every time, but you may occasionally see one longer than normal (the 20 minute versions are the extreme, usually they are just a couple minutes for the long boots). This is what I am imagining you are experiencing.

The 2nd one sounds more like what i experienced

Reaction score
aokp build 3 is disappointing. you can no longer change the nav key icons as with build 2, they also got rid of appollo music player for some reason-and they still haven't added lockscreen targets. :icon_eek: i instantly went back to jb sourcery.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i agree build 3 is disappointing. Does anyone else noticed on the top of their wallpaper is darker? I went back to build 1 and its not there for some reason the wallpaper is darker on top for build 3. I tried multiple images and even when back to my backup to check. Not sure what is going on. i didnt install anything beside the rom, gapp and kernel.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
i agree build 3 is disappointing. Does anyone else noticed on the top of their wallpaper is darker? I went back to build 1 and its not there for some reason the wallpaper is darker on top for build 3. I tried multiple images and even when back to my backup to check. Not sure what is going on. i didnt install anything beside the rom, gapp and kernel.

The darkness perhaps is due to your launcher, there is probably an option in them to have shadows at the top and bottom.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
The darkness perhaps is due to your launcher, there is probably an option in them to have shadows at the top and bottom.

thanks..i have to check into that. i didnt mess around with the launcher setting yet, its still on default. and maybe that is part of the default. =/

edit: so cupfulloflol, i went through the setting..rom control and didnt see an option for shadow on the wallpaper. do you or anyone else know what its called and where exactly it is located because i cant seem to find if its there.

Last edited:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
thanks..i have to check into that. i didnt mess around with the launcher setting yet, its still on default. and maybe that is part of the default. =/

edit: so cupfulloflol, i went through the setting..rom control and didnt see an option for shadow on the wallpaper. do you or anyone else know what its called and where exactly it is located because i cant seem to find if its there.

I assume you are using the stock launcher. If so, Nova settings > dock > show shadow (near bottom).
If you are using Apex, Apex settings > Homescreen > hide shadows (near bottom again).

Those are the only two JB launchers I currently have installed so, I can't be helpful if you are using another launcher.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I assume you are using the stock launcher. If so, Nova settings > dock > show shadow (near bottom).
If you are using Apex, Apex settings > Homescreen > hide shadows (near bottom again).

Those are the only two JB launchers I currently have installed so, I can't be helpful if you are using another launcher.

ah, thanks again..change your sn to cupfulloflivesavers. :) ..OP sorry didnt mean to hijack your thread.