[ROM] | aokp | axi0m [b] | kang | 4.0.3 | 2/24/2012 |

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com

AOKP AXI0M IONIC ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0.3
This tasty nugget of code is..."AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project), a built from source ROM. This is NOT a Official Team Kang Build Nor am I a Team Kang Member.
Their developers include: Roman, Zaphod-Beeblebrox, Whitehawkx, Pro-Tek and more.
You can visit the AOKP website here:
AOKP | News
SHOW THEM THE LOVE!!!

READ THIS!

So...Here is my port (KANG) of my GNEX ROM AXI0M "Go Faster" on AOKP. This IS ALPHA, I am aware of the bugs, no bugs reports are needed. READ the What's NOT working section and Enjoy. It is Fast, Smooth, Sexy, and most of all... Ice Cream Sandwich on the BIONIC (#dickslapmoto)

As Always, I start with the system, tuning it, making it fast, fluid and solid. MODS and features are then added.

DHACKER AND HASHCODE FOR BANGIN OUT THE BASE
TEAM KANG FOR SOURCE
EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING EVER
FEATURES:

AOKP 4.0.3 Source
Advanced Install Script
Integrated Google Apps 4.0.4
Modded Busybox 1.20 (Large File Support/Color Fix)
FULL INIT.D Support
Cron Running
GAMMA Color Tweaks
FULL DSP Manager
VZW Support for APPS
Th3ory Go Faster Script (Speed, Fluidity, Battery Life, RAM Management)
Max FPS (240)
Cron Script
Force Home Launcher in GPU (Software)
Disable Kernel logging (Speed)
Max JPEG resolution to 100%
ZRAM Compatible (Settings/Performance)
SD Read Speed
Zipalign At Boot
Shorter Ring Delay (Connect Call Faster)
Proximity Sensor Hack (Light Up Faster)
UI Enhancements
APM

Launcher Choices:
Launcher2
NOVA Launcher
APEX Launcher (My FAV) Any others can be removed from /system/app
TON of Extras Tweaks

BROKEN:
(FFC) Front Facing Camera

YOU MUST BE ON THE .90X UPDATE TO RUN THIS OR YOU WILL BRICK
NOTE: For Data go to Settings/Wireless & Networks/More/Mobile Networks/Network Mode/ Select GSM only wait till the screen flashes twice (or it says 4G SIM detected would you like to switch to LTE/CDMA) then switch to LTE/CDMA. Data will come up.

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS

AOKP AXI0M AB2 KANG
MD5: 356f74b23e996cfb310bec325fc9c00f

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS... FLASH USING BOOT STRAP OR SAFE STRAP. YES... EVEN FOR UPDATES

Put on SD Card
MUST
Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik
Under Mounts and Storage Format /System
Flash It

Reboot

RUNNING CHANGE LOG:

* Made It
* USB Mounting Working
* ADB working
* Added Cron Support
* Added Gamma Fix
* Data Tweaks
* Cron Script
* Fixed DSP manager
* Fixed Boot Sound
* Updated APEX Launcher
* Latest SOURCE
* Misc House Cleaning

* Camera Fixed (DO NOT USE THE FFC)

SCREEN SHOTS:

AOKP-Settings_480.png
AOKP-ROMControl_480.png
AOKP-Toggles_480.png

merlin3

Reaction score
I just installed the other from from yesterday, do you have a fix just for the camera?

mlfca

Reaction score
I flashed a prev version and I could not get flashlight to work (Using an app). Is it just me? Can we use the flash as a flashlight?

Also, what is best way to have all of my apps sync back after I flash? I know there it Titanium but I wanted to see if there was something simpler.

Thanks for all of the work!!!!

Last edited:

THE_LORD

Reaction score
Can't download. Never mind I forgot the stock browser won't let me download files from my phone. My fault not yours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

criminal666

Reaction score
I followed instructions, rom booted up, but I did not have 3G. I am only in a 3G area, so 4G would not be an option. I am running .902 and toggled the data connection as the instructions said. Does it take a little bit of time to connect? Thanks in advance, and for all the hard work! Glad too see it is almost fully functional!

Reaction score
DT, you are the ****ing man!!! Seriously, you and the rest of the devs have breathed such new life into this phone that it's ridiculous. You making these roms is like Mozart playing a new song and we're loving every second.

Honestly now I'm glad to have the Bionic. Totally not jealous of Gnex owners anymore.....well...maybe still just a tiny bit ;-)

THE_LORD

Reaction score
I love the rom. I have a couple of things, don't know if it's on my end or rom related. Apex launcher force closes on me until I download the update for it. That seemed to fix that. I signed into my Google account with sync activated but it never downloaded my apps linked to my account. I have to download them all manually.

Sent from my AXI0M AOKP using DroidForums

Reaction score
Okay so I love this rom but it seems that my data isn't working. Anybody else having this issue? My signal bars appear to be saying I'm roaming and when I look at the info about the phone it says that my network is unknown and that my network state is disconnected. Anyone have an idea as to why its not working? Or is this normal and I'm just a buffoon? That seems more likely.

Also if it matters I'm in safe mode in safestrap. Now that I think about that is probably why.

Sent from my AXI0M AOKP using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Nevermind. I didn't see the part in the instructions on how to get it going. I knew I was a buffoon...

Sent from my AXI0M AOKP using Tapatalk

gsDroid

Reaction score
I flashed a prev version and I could not get flashlight to work (Using an app). Is it just me? Can we use the flash as a flashlight?

Also, what is best way to have all of my apps sync back after I flash? I know there it Titanium but I wanted to see if there was something simpler.

Thanks for all of the work!!!!
I have the tesla led app which I really like, but it doesn't yet work with the rom for me. Don't know if the app needs to be updated or if further rom development will enable it. I made a new titanium backup before flashing and made sure the market links existed and the rom downloaded almost all my market apps and offered updates for some. Pretty amazing, actually.

Edit: Just tried Tiny Flashlight + LED in the market and it works with this rom.

Last edited:

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Almost ready to say goodbye to my stock ROM. The torch function in Kang ROM control is working, just need to activate it and also select while screen is off to hold power button for torch to light up. Cool but be better if it stayed on until you held power button down again. Camera Zoom takes great 8MP pics but no video yet. Customizable lock screen in Kang ROM Control is absolutely awesome with ability to load up to 8 shortcuts from lock screen!

Waiting for 1% battery mod in next update. Also need Swype compatibility(EDIT: IT IS WORKING) and most common apps to run without FC or freeze. I would like use of my moto dock again too but I can wait. Most other common functions within ICS are working;)

I have had no issues with data or wifi other than having to toggle GSM on reboot.

Didn't like apex so I uninstalled but really like Nova so much I paid for Prime upgrade. Like how its built with Root users options for better control. Once themes start rolling out it will permanently replace my trusty Go Launcher!

Did I mention I love this ROM? I could go on and on lol

Sent from my AXI0M AOKP using DroidForums

Last edited:

mhackett71

Reaction score
Just Installed, Everything went smooth so far,,,, I like the screen sensitivity and movement, BA$$
Toggled and got 4G,, took about 2 minutes had me scared then the little 4g lit up :D

Awesome so far ...

Thanks AGAIN guys !!!!