Anything else needed before returning to vzw?

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Ok my options are as of now. I've MANUALLY removed root and installed all of the factory apps and set permissions. I've reset the phone to default. Power + Home method and within Android.

It looks stock and it's NOT programmed though it does have my number. I just don't want VZW getting wise.

Should this be enough. Or should I flash to .340? I'm returning a phone to VZW (for those who haven't read the first post)

Maybe I'm being over causious. But I want to be sure. With phones in the past I flashed the SBF of choice on the model. I'd rather not on a phone I'm returning.

That's exactly what I did with my first. Don't know how smart they've gotten so I will not guarantee ANYTHING. But they have yet to charge me or contact me for any reason in regards to that.

Once again, I don't promise ANYTHING. When I sent mine in it was a month and a half after release. Who knows now what they are up to at Moto.

I know no one can guarantee anything. I just want to be safe as possible.

Do you know if flashing the .340 be my best option. I just got the OTA message on the X I'm keeping anyway. I really don't know what VZW or Moto would find. There is nothing to find.

itzkr0me

Reaction score
You're good. I've returned an X that was rooted because of some dead pixels. I've also had the VZW store flash the official load after I screwed something up (would only boot to clockwork recovery.

I think at this point you're being over-cautious. I'd say as long as you lost root, you're good. Moto won't look at the phone again, and VZW will probably just junk it anyway.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll send it back. Hope nothing happens. All I can do.

the5barrons

Reaction score
It looks stock and it's NOT programmed though it does have my number. I just don't want VZW getting wise.

I guess no VZW employees peruse these sites. Maybe someone will be on the lookout for a suspect DX getting reuturned soon from the McMinnville, TN area...or close to it.

Just sayin'. This ain't the most secure place on earth. Lol.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score

I guess no VZW employees peruse these sites. Maybe someone will be on the lookout for a suspect DX getting reuturned soon from the McMinnville, TN area...or close to it.

Just sayin'. This ain't the most secure place on earth. Lol.

Wonderful! Changed.

Last edited: