Anything else needed before returning to vzw?

xmguy

Reaction score
I've reinstalled the bloatware. Set the permissions. Removed bootstrap and the adb commands via terminal command on the X and unrooted. I also did 2 factory resets. One via the android installer menu (at power up, home key with power button then search button). Then I lastly used the wipe everything via the normal way. Should this be enough so certain persons do not know what was done?

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
You goof. You really didn't start a new thread for this, lol.

That's what I did before I sent my first back. Did all the above and used it til my new one came. Then when I got it I did a factory reset, made sure it booted up and didn't program it.

No guarantee though:)

And yes, all SU related apps, apk's and files needs to be gone.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

the5barrons

Reaction score
So long as there aren't any root user programs (i.e. Su)...should be good to go. Curious though...if the phone is clean and works good...why return it?

"what evrrrrr"

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So long as there aren't any root user programs (i.e. Su)...should be good to go. Curious though...if the phone is clean and works good...why return it?

"what evrrrrr"

Lol. I'm guessing the update still won't go through. I did all the following with my first before froyo and update failed. So I sent mine in. This is before I knew what sbf was or anything.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
the earpiece is damaged and has some dead pixels.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I used the one click root un root pc app. It said it was unrooted and su app was gone and none of the su apps would run. Btw started a new thread out of stupidity. Lol

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Is superuser app still installed

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I know of no way to test without re rooting. I know root access is gone and the super user app doesn't show up. Im hoping all was removed.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea that's the thing, you have to be rooted to check out everything. I'm guessing the only way to be positive is if you have an update available to try or if you flash sbf.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Since im on 2.3.151. I can't flash that because its not available. No sbf. I have to assume its all gone. I read however of way to manually unroot with root explorer. I can always root again. Then use root explorer to remove all of the apps for root in the system and bin dirs. What would you all advise? If I had the sbf id use it. Since I don't I want the best cleanest way to "factorize" my X.

CellZealot

Reaction score
We released all the files needed to upgrade to the current 2.3.340 release from any prior build.
You can find them all on MDW. Also the 2.3.15 SBF was released some time ago so that would also serve your needs.

Last edited:
OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
IM NOT ASKING FOR THE SBF.

My fru x came with 2.3.151. If I update will vzw not know I did something. Should what I did in post 1 be enough? If I did flash the 2.3.15. Wouldn't vzw know that's not the fw it should have?

It needs to go back tomorrow. Im really needing to know the best way to be safe without flashing a sbf. I know one can (using root and root explorer) manually remove all of the apps and files used in root then restore to factory settings. Would that be better than relying on the root/unroot pc tool?

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Ok my options are as of now. I've MANUALLY removed root and installed all of the factory apps and set permissions. I've reset the phone to default. Power + Home method and within Android.

It looks stock and it's NOT programmed though it does have my number. I just don't want VZW getting wise.

Should this be enough. Or should I flash to .340? I'm returning a phone to VZW (for those who haven't read the first post)

Maybe I'm being over causious. But I want to be sure. With phones in the past I flashed the SBF of choice on the model. I'd rather not on a phone I'm returning.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok my options are as of now. I've MANUALLY removed root and installed all of the factory apps and set permissions. I've reset the phone to default. Power + Home method and within Android.

It looks stock and it's NOT programmed though it does have my number. I just don't want VZW getting wise.

Should this be enough. Or should I flash to .340? I'm returning a phone to VZW (for those who haven't read the first post)

Maybe I'm being over causious. But I want to be sure. With phones in the past I flashed the SBF of choice on the model. I'd rather not on a phone I'm returning.

That's exactly what I did with my first. Don't know how smart they've gotten so I will not guarantee ANYTHING. But they have yet to charge me or contact me for any reason in regards to that.

Once again, I don't promise ANYTHING. When I sent mine in it was a month and a half after release. Who knows now what they are up to at Moto.