Anyone worried about the 3 year old GPU, no sd-card slot, lack of removable battery?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Links to where these things were officially confirmed.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure you're off base with the GPU and Non-removable battery. The sd card though, is a definite possibility. Not necessarily a bad thing though since internal storage provides faster read/write capabilities anyway.

Bixby

Reaction score
I was dead set on this phone until lately...

Anything I'm missing?

I concur. Not to mention 5mp camera? I KNOW mp aren't the most important camera spec, but c'mon man?!?
We will know officially soon enough, but that GPU is certainly popping up all over the web...

Sent from my rooted DROID 3

hydro556

Reaction score
I concur. Not to mention 5mp camera? I KNOW mp aren't the most important camera spec, but c'mon man?!?
We will know officially soon enough, but that GPU is certainly popping up all over the web...

Sent from my rooted DROID 3

I dont care if the camera is 3-4 MP (seriously, because I have never once blown up a cell phone picture, so it is meaningless to me) AS LONG AS they focused on the quality of the sensor, and lens and making a quality, snappy camera. 5 mp is fine with me.

The GPU concerns me, but admittedly, I am not very tuned into this. I read the speculation also about the GPU from like 2007. Now, I dont know if this means it is the same gpu, unchanged, or if they started with this gpu and tuned and optimized it until it was perfect for this phone. I mentioned this earlier today after I first read that speculation. In the end, I will have to see it to believe it. I cant believe they would drop a $2 gpu in a $20 dollar screen. (But, weirder things have happened I suppose. Look at the Bionic)

The permanent memory card doesnt bother me at all. I never pull the SD card from any of the phones I have had.

If the battery is not removable, I may not like that. I mean, I am open to hearing the justification as to why they would do it, but it would have to be a hell of a reason for me not to find this a net negative.

The only deal breaker of all these would be the GPU. I dont care how old it is, as long as it maximizes the virtues of this high horsepower screen, and I get a screen that is bleeding edge, and blows me away every time I look at it, I am good to go. But if it compromises the overall display, and I am not wowed by it, I doubt I will buy this phone.

This was part of the reason my Bionic went back, that and the horrendous camera.

Bottom line. I will be shocked if they put a $2 gpu in a $20 dollar display. Time will tell.

RVC

Reaction score
So if there is no removable SD card how would I get everything from my TB to this phone? Normally I just swap SD cards.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

longrifle325

Reaction score
So if there is no removable SD card how would I get everything from my TB to this phone? Normally I just swap SD cards.

USB mount to pc and transfer

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're into hacking then no SD is a huge deal breaker. I have yet to see a custom recovery on a device with no external memory. Can't be done.

veetvoojagig

Reaction score
If you're into hacking then no SD is a huge deal breaker. I have yet to see a custom recovery on a device with no external memory. Can't be done.

The Nexus S has no external memory card, yet has CM7 on it. OG Droids can be SBF'd to have CWM, I don't see a problem here.

screaminz2002

Reaction score

I was really curious about this.. Could you partition the internal storage to make a "virtual" sd card?

idefiler6

Reaction score

Interesting, you can flash any zip from internal storage on bionic in CWM. I wiped and switched roms that way when I had put a zip in the wrong drive by accident. No issues at all.

RVC

Reaction score
USB mount to pc and transfer

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I dont have a PC, I have a Mac.....will that work? I have had trouble rooting with my Mac I have had to use my wife's PC but I am stationed in Miami and she lives in Va Beach.