anyone with leak get ota ics??

I deleted the .zip extension as a rename, and it didn't even find the file. Geez. I was hoping this would be easier. Any ideas?

I deleted the .zip extension as a rename, and it didn't even find the file. Geez. I was hoping this would be easier. Any ideas?

Delete the file altogether from your phone. On your computer desktop rename the file to just "PH98IMG" without the quotation marks. Right click on the file, click send to, choose the option to send it to your phones external SD card (your phone will have to be plugged in) After you do that dissconnect your phone. Open the file explorer app and locate the file, your phone should have renamed it to PH98IMG.zip. If so than you can start the flashing process. Let me know if that turns out.

Okay, I did that. Did a battery pull, then volume down and power. It launches into hboot, then loads PH98IMG.zip. From there it checks the file. After that, it goes into to the hboot options I mentioned above and does nothing else. Weird.

zanshin825 said:
Okay, I did that. Did a battery pull, then volume down and power. It launches into hboot, then loads PH98IMG.zip. From there it checks the file. After that, it goes into to the hboot options I mentioned above and does nothing else. Weird.

Do you have fastboot unchecked in your settings?

Maybe it was a bad download. I just tried the .12 RUU zip, doing the same thing, and it seems to be working.

zanshin825 said:
The latest .2 leak from Android Police. 615 meg.

Ok, I am going to copy a post from another user and paste it. Delete the zip file from you phone and sd card. The post I will copy to here will be step by step instructions. Follow every single step closely. Make sure that the file you downloaded from android police is in its original state and not extracted. I don't want to sound like you don't know what you are talking about so please don't take this the wrong way. I would just like to get you on the 4.03.605.2 build as it is the best so far.

cybertec69 said:
And it is nothing like rooting your phone. Here is the Easy 12 step process.

Here are the Step by Step Install Instructions for ICS:

1. Go to the market and install Solid Explorer to your Rezound "it's a file utility app".
2.PLug in Rezound to Computer via USB, and choose Use as Disk drive option, not charge only option, now give it a few sec for computer to recognize the drives, now go to my computer and you will see two extra drives, one is the Internal and one is the external SD drive on your Rezound, if you don't know which is which, just right click on it and check out it's properties to see the size of it, it should help you figure out which is the SD card one.
3.Now go to the link I have posted in this thread "post #2" and download the latest ICS leak "pretty much official".
4.After downloading the file, go to the folder where you downloaded it, put your mouse pointer on the file and right click on it, the file will be highlighted in blue and a box will pop up "scroll down to the line that says Rename, it is the second from last", now left click on that, now the box will disapear and the file will be highlighted in blue, take your mouse pointer and place it on top of the file in front of the letter P, now left click and with your backspace button erase all the numbers that are in front of the P, after doing that do the same and erase anything behind the letter G, the file shall look like this PH98IMG , now right click on it and there will be a box that comes up, scroll down to Send to, another box will come up with locations that you want to send file to, scroll down to the location of your external SD card on your Rezound "mine showed up as H, "Rezound needs to be plugged in via USB as a Hard Drive "NOT charge only", after scrolling down to the drive you want the file to be send to left click on the desired file, file should now be installed on your Rezounds SD card.
5.Uplug Rezound from PC, give it at least 30 sec to reformat the SD card, now go to the File utility you installed from the Market, once opened, scroll down to the black SD card image "that is your external SD card" click on it, now scroll all the way down to the last file which should read PH98IMG.zip at 603mb. If that is what you see then you are good to GO BABY, ICS is only half plus hr away.
6. Go and Uncheck Fast boot option, it's in System settings, it is "crucial" you do this, once unckecked go back to home screen and POWER DOWN DEVICE.
7. Open the back of Device and REMOVE the BATTERY for 1 minute.
8.Put back battery and cover "Make sure Cover is tight.
9.Press the Volume button down "volume down" do not let it go and press the Power Button.
10.Put Rezound down "LEAVE IT ALONE" the ICS process is on it's way "it will ask you a couple of times to continue with a certain process,at which time you will press the power button so it can continue", device will Reboot twice, LEAVE IT ALONE, till you see the home screen lock button ring with the stock wallpaper.
11.After ICS is installed, I suggest to Reboot device at least once.
12. ENJOY ICS.

Special NOTE: You will lose any of your SMS, so I suggest you load an SMS backup tool from the market like SMS Backup+. And do a contacts backup before you do Install ICS. Once your phone is updated it will run you through the basic setup, from Gmail to contacts, just do it like you would do to a new phone.
If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Here is the step by step process. I hope this helps, remember to follow each step closely.

Okay, so the .12 RUU worked. I was hoping that would get me back on the OTA upgrade path. Should there be an available update after that? I checked and it says that there isn't. My current software version currently reads 3.14.605.12 710RD....

Okay, I'll re-download that file and give it a shot. Just trying to avoid setting everything up twice.

Okay, so the .12 RUU worked. I was hoping that would get me back on the OTA upgrade path. Should there be an available update after that? I checked and it says that there isn't. My current software version currently reads 3.14.605.12 710RD....

The 3.14.605.12 file is the latest that verizon has pushed as an OTA. The 4.03.605.2 build is a leaked RUU that verizon has not pushed yet so you would not recive an OTA for that.

Back