anyone with leak get ota ics??

mikeinctown said:
I'm on one of the leaks. Says 3.14.605.10 or Android version 4.0.3. Is this the most recent update? And will it allow me OTA updates in the future again? I haven't given this any thought since the leak I installed but lately a lot of stuff hasn't been working correctly. My Mapmyhike apps don't work anymore, and now google maps and a few others...

Maps 6.10.0 is reported to have issues with .10 and the OTA .12 ICS. REMOVE IT, and download 6.9.2 from the internet.

Interesting, but I'm going to hold off until I know more about this build. Even AP admit that they don't know what the improvements are with the exception of having global capabilities. I'm not going to go through the pain of reinstalling everything on my phone and setting it up again just to get a global feature that I'll never use. That and correct me if I'm wrong but if the .12 RUU puts us back onto the update path and this should be pushed to our phones eventually? If that is the case, I can wait until the OTA.

After posting this update on the android police website, they did release a change log a few hours after. I am installing this update now. According to Android Police it is a more stable build all around.

Jeffdenver posted a link to the most recent update, I reccomend everybody download and flash that update. All of my issues have been fixed. Thanks jeffdenver.

4.03.605.2 has been the fastest, smoothest build I have installed so far. This build is butter. I haven't found any flaws, knock on wood. We'll see how everything goes tomorrow.

Just updating from my last post last night on the latest RUU 4.03.605.2 build. This build is going strong and super smooth. My apps, maps, lag and battery have all seemed to improve. I am loving this build. Super happy with it and glad I installed. I would reccomend everybody install and upgrade to it.

DroDough said:
Just updating from my last post last night on the latest RUU 4.03.605.2 build. This build is going strong and super smooth. My apps, maps, lag and battery have all seemed to improve. I am loving this build. Super happy with it and glad I installed. I would reccomend everybody install and upgrade to it.

Link please, and will I have to reinstall all my apps again.

I also installed this same build and I have to say that what DroDough is saying is absolutely correct. I have not had a single (knock on wood) MAJOR problem as of yet. The only 2 things I notice right now are...my Mail is acting up and telling me I have 2 new emails, and when I click on it theres nothing there. Not my gmail but my msn mail I have linked....also I had a different ringtone on the .1 version that I do now and when I went to search for the same ringtone that was on the .1 build ( only stock ringtone i actually liked) it was not there....

So yes no MAJOR problems to report as of yet. Very smooth, all apps are working as of right now INCLUDING MAPS!

I also highly recommend install

Last edited:
Hi...based on feedback, I'm leaning toward installing the 605.2 build. If I do that, can I root after it? Right now I'm unrooted, but I'd really like to use wifi tether. Is it the same process as other builds? I've never done it. Thanks.

Hi...based on feedback, I'm leaning toward installing the 605.2 build. If I do that, can I root after it? Right now I'm unrooted, but I'd really like to use wifi tether. Is it the same process as other builds? I've never done it. Thanks.
Yes, just flash AmonRa and then flash Superuser or SuperSU, or use one of the All-In-One tools... I think they all work but I would just check the AIO tools official thread and make sure it has been verified to work with the 4.3.605.2 firmware just to be safe.

Thanks. I'm trying to flash the RUU...when I hold volume down and power, it checks the .zip, then boots into options for me to Fastboot, Recovery, Factory Reset, Clear Storage, Simlock and Image CRC. Last time I did it, I remember it just running. Do I need to do something else?

I should also mention that if I choose recovery, it boots to a black screen with the outline of a phone and a red triangle with an exclamation point. After a minute or so, it reboots automatically.

zanshin825 said:
I should also mention that if I choose recovery, it boots to a black screen with the outline of a phone and a red triangle with an exclamation point. After a minute or so, it reboots automatically.

When you rename the file to PH98IMG.zip your phone probably stored it as PH98IMG.zip already. Download a file exploerer app like solid exploerer from the play store. Go into the app and locate the file. It may be named PH98IMG.zip.zip. if that's the case rename the file so that it is just PH98IMG.zip.

Back