Anyone with Bluetooth audio quality issues?

crazyst

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got the Fascinate and find the bluetooth quality to be very poor. I have a plantronics headset and a garmin zumo that I use the bluetooth through which have both provided good quality BT with my last samsung phone.

Apparently I'm the only one with these issues so I'm hoping it's a settings issue or some sort of a tweak. I tried the codec tweak but no dice.

The voices are very raspy and hard to make out when using BT. They sound muffled and overdriven.

I'm hoping someone might have a fix suggestion for this issue.

Curt

IamGov

Reaction score
Make sure you have latest software update as the one that came with the SF had bluetooth problems. If so try to dosconnect, forget, then setup bt again. Finally try *228

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

OP
C

crazyst

Reaction score
Since I was in the store for another reason today the rep there suggested I DOA the phone and get another. The new phone seems to have no issues. Maybe it was a firmware issue but it was not my bluetooth devices.

Thanks,
Curt

nfpa1582

Reaction score
IamGov ur the man

I couldn't get my fascinate to reconnect with a previously paired/connected headphone set and then it wouldn't even pick up the new set I bought to replace the "broken" pair with. Thats when I knew it was obviously my phone and not the first pair of headsets. I ended up on this forum and man I'm glad I did......*228 worked! So far so good. THANKS!