Anyone using Wifi Tether???

NYZ93

Reaction score
Yea so i was wondering if anyone is still using the wifi tether thru BB and when was the last time you used it cause i remember a thread came out a while back saying vz was cracking down on it so does anyone that doe not have a tether plan use it recently?

gnmitchell

Reaction score
I use it all the time on my rooted phone when at work to test remote connectivity and have never had any issues with it, nor has Verizon ever said anything

korp

Reaction score
VZW is cracking down on the major users. If you are using it for say xbox live or something crazy like that then yeah you might have some fee's in your future.

They actually made the Palm Hot Spot free now and with 2.2 it's included in the OS. I have a feeling it's probably going to be free when Froyo (2.2) comes out.

groovydeus

Reaction score
Yes. No issues. But I wouldn't use it as a primary access point.

I travel extensively for work and so use it when on the road. Great for synching my laptop at an airport, pulling over and getting some work done at a rest stop or if I can't get onto a clients wireless network.

All low bandwidth stuff and probably a half dozen times a week for less than an hour total time.