anyone notice really bad signal reception on HTC one?

Turbosaurus

Reaction score
I just switched from HTC EVO 4G to a new HTC one. Same network, same number, same locations, but much poorer reception. (Sprint, yeah, I know, but Im right outside NYC have complete 4G coverage and never experienced problems before)

Its really bad inside my house. With the old one I had one little dead spot (right in front of my fridge) where the signal wasn't great, but it never dropped calls. The new one dropped every call I tried making today (10+ calls!).

Is anyone else experiencing this? I love my new phone, but if I cant make calls, that's a serious problem. There is no case on the new phone (the old one was ALWAYS in a case) and it doesn't matter if I hold it in my hand or set it down with speaker phone on. Outside my house I get 1-3 bars but I cant sit on my porch and face Mecca every time Im need to take a call!

OP
T

Turbosaurus

Reaction score
Update-
After searching I have found a lot of similar threads online, so called sprint-
The rep says they are working on a tower outage in my location that should be repaired tonight. I guess its possible my phone swap and the tower problem are co-incidence,

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Update-
After searching I have found a lot of similar threads online, so called sprint-
The rep says they are working on a tower outage in my location that should be repaired tonight. I guess its possible my phone swap and the tower problem are co-incidence,

Good to hear it's not the phone -- I'm on Verizon, but have a network extender in my house due to poor signal. So at home the phone works fine. But in town (and it's a SMALL town) I get great signal from the towers, normally 4G for data wherever I am and excellent voice as well.

-Matt