Anyone have an LG G watch?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think I'd like something a little more sporty with a round face. I love my G, but I'm ready for a change --- and a round face.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
My wife loves her Moto 360 Rose Gold. And bands are cheap enough it's easy to switch between the original leather band and a silicone one for sporty looks. Not saying you should get one, just saying that my wife likes hers and it's not "too" big on her wrist

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
My wife loves her Moto 360 Rose Gold. And bands are cheap enough it's easy to switch between the original leather band and a silicone one for sporty looks. Not saying you should get one, just saying that my wife likes hers and it's not "too" big on her wrist

I have been looking at that one. I truly like the sport model, but not crazy about the permanent band. I'm 5'9" so can get away with big watches.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That was the #1 reason I switched. Round. I wanted a watch that looked...watch like.
Moto at least makes a smaller one for smaller wrists. I don't think anyone else did that. But...flat tire. I don't think there's any reason to have to deal with that today. I like the Zenwatch 3, but it's huge.
The new Huwaei is getting great reviews. Also big too, I think.
Definitely check out the TicWatch. I think the white one would look pretty snazzy on a woman.
If I get another it will probably be the black TicWatch.

Smart Watch powered by Android Wear | Ticwatch S&E

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
That was the #1 reason I switched. Round. I wanted a watch that looked...watch like.
Moto at least makes a smaller one for smaller wrists. I don't think anyone else did that. But...flat tire. I don't think there's any reason to have to deal with that today. I like the Zenwatch 3, but it's huge.
The new Huwaei is getting great reviews. Also big too, I think.
Definitely check out the TicWatch. I think the white one would look pretty snazzy on a woman.
If I get another it will probably be the black TicWatch.

Smart Watch powered by Android Wear | Ticwatch S&E

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk
Thanks Pere! I'll go check them out!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have been looking at that one. I truly like the sport model, but not crazy about the permanent band. I'm 5'9" so can get away with big watches.

The Sport is nice, but the permanent band is a drawback. I never had problems with mine but others have, and then you have to send it back to Moto for a new band...and pay. I would stay away from them, only for that reason, and find one with a user replaceable band. Then you can mix it up, change bands depending on mood & occasion. Just my 2 cents.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I upgraded the wife from her first gen Gear Fit that wasn't being supported & stopped getting notifications for Christmas. Got her one of the Fossil watches. Q Avenue, I think? (Horrible names)

She's loving the full AW experience.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
The Sport is nice, but the permanent band is a drawback. I never had problems with mine but others have, and then you have to send it back to Moto for a new band...and pay. I would stay away from them, only for that reason, and find one with a user replaceable band. Then you can mix it up, change bands depending on mood & occasion. Just my 2 cents.

Yep, I'm still switching out bands like most women change purses lol.
I DO want a more sporty look. I've got a nice analog watch for dressy occasions (like, hardly ever).

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I upgraded the wife from her first gen Gear Fit that wasn't being supported & stopped getting notifications for Christmas. Got her one of the Fossil watches. Q Avenue, I think? (Horrible names)

She's loving the full AW experience.

I'll check that out too, thanks!

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

that is what I like about the gear s2 classic. you can use regular watch bands. I have several depending on the occasion.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am now the owner of a LG G watch also. Today will be my first full day with it, so will see how it goes. But I am liking it so far. Already sporting the Timeless Blue watch face mentioned in another thread. I can see why some folks might have been unimpressed with Android Wear early on. It took the watch and android wear app about 20 minutes to start downloading 5.0.1. The watch and Android Wear app were definitely kind of bland and minimalistic in version 4.4W. What a difference with 5.0.1W; they definitely added a lot of useful new features! Good job Google!

Wow, over 3 years ago I made my first post about my new (new to me) LG G watch. That thing was / is a beast, but sadly it is R.I.P. G Watch time for me; it finally died. I wore it for almost 2 years and then gave it to my daughter's boyfriend almost a year ago and he wore it all the time. The G watch may not have been the prettiest looking AW watch, but it introduced the world to Android Wear and smart watches; and ran like a tank. In my case, I definitely got my $88 worth. We had some awesome G Watch chats back in 2015 and a lot of fun with the Together watch face.

LG nailed it with this watch in my opinion, it was a great device for the money.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Amen brother! Glad Pere started this discussion about it being on sale. The G watch was definitely a gateway device for me. Still love my Urbane, though I don't wear it very often these days. My wife was jealous, so we got her a Gear Fit. That stopped working & now she's got a real Wear watch & she's loving it.

Since you brought it up, I think today is a good day to fire my Urbane up & strap it on...

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wonder if Gudasu's son is still wearing Johnny's G?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk