Anyone have an LG G watch?

Yup. I might go ahead and pick that one up. I need to weed through the ones I have installed right now and get rid of some of the ones that I downloaded for a try and just forgot to remove after.

Are you guys seriously not using FacerPro? a buck. One buck. Didn't YOU turn me onto it Kansas?? It's SO easy and there are SO many Faces and you can customize them however you want.

I mean, yea.... there are some REALLY stupid ones:

grumpy-mermaid-14b19f4cfc6.png

But there are A LOT of good ones:

black-roman-watch-14a754e8b01.png

blue-vs-blue-14a756ad3a0.png

I ran this one for awhile. Very nice:
black-leather-watchface-14a5531edfc.png

simple-sunrise-set-149881e34e9.png

Why you guys no like Facer? I'm hooked! I check it like every 2-3 days! Because that's how often new faces get added.

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6
I got into WatchMaker for a bit. It just seems buggier to me to use an app like that. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a fair shot.

I still have it downloaded and I have downloaded several pretty cool faces for it. I should probably give it a go again.

I found it's editing options to be more intuitive to me than Facer's, though I didn't really play around with Facer that much, so that could be entirely my fault. I still have Facer installed too.

My biggest complaint about either, as said earlier is the same complaint I have about some standalone faces. Ambient mode is what's on a majority of time and it seems like MANY people neglect ambient mode or just make a dimmer version of the exact face with all of it's parts. While that's ok for a face like the one Jason shared because it's simple, I don't want a dimmed version of some of the one's I've downloaded through Watchmaker, so I'm left having to piece together something better for dim mode for them and my graphic artist skills are sorely lacking. I haven't made an effort do download new hands and things, though I know they're available via the G+ community.

Some sweet ones I found for watchmaker...
01281cef2c2fb75e23e3312a724a824b.jpg

60aeb882017b8124c35196ea6ba66212.jpg

1c4890ed4a2766da22fe19df2ba9b7f6.jpg

Agree that editing the Faces is a pain but deciding what you want to dim is real easy in FacerPro.

It's not bad in Watchmaker either. It's got a similar setup. You can quick toggle bright and dim to see what's showing and then make the changes from there.

Still, I feel like I get a smoother performance from standalone watches.

Question for you fellow G Watch owners: can you reply to texts with your watch? The Android Wear help / FAQ page says this:
Read and reply to texts & messages
Reply to a text
Your text will show up as a card.

When you swipe from ← right to left you’ll see an option to reply. Touch reply, then say your message.

I do not have that option on my watch. The only options I have swiping to the right are Open On Phone and Block App. I do have the option to Reply to new G Mail messages and that works great. Not sure if I am missing something somewhere, or if the stock messaging app on my phone will not allow the text Reply, or if my watch is defective.

What phone do you have? I can reply to texts work mine, but I'm using Googles messenger to text. Your app might not have wear support yet.

What phone do you have? I can reply to texts work mine, but I'm using Googles messenger to text. Your app might not have wear support yet.
I have a Droid Maxx, using the stock Messaging (text) app. I just found an article on-line from some other Moto phone users that said the same thing about their watches & their stock text app. I might have to try Hangouts just to see if I can reply. It's not a deal breaker for me...still love the watch & love my phone. I use Driving mode when in my Jeep and reply to all texts through BT, so I don't "need" to reply to texts from my watch. I had a feeling it was my stock texting app. I just tried the stock E Mail app and have the same result...no Reply option when I swipe right on my watch. Thanks for the reply.

I use 8SMS. Works great. Looks stock with more options. Recommend.

I use 8SMS. Works great. Looks stock with more options. Recommend.

Hangouts works to read & reply as well as to initiate a text from scratch.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. At least now I know my watch is not defective! I might give Hangouts another try. I vaguely remember Hangouts causing issues with Driving Mode & text readouts...which I need to work way more than I need replies on my watch. But it's been so long, and I ate & slept since then, I can't remember for sure.

Just looked down at my watch and had a new System Update available message. Now running 5.0.2

bc94d2f575d50f822dd1cd8017c767e2.jpg

Last edited:
Just looked down at my watch and had a new System Update available message. Now running 5.0.2
41792d98a1ed95f816e4203a06a0fc9c.jpg
You sonofa...Haha!

Notice any improvement in performance or anything? From all accounts I've seen of any sort of changelog, seems like mostly a bug fixer.

I'm following a post on G+ that includes a poll asking whether people got the update on their G Watch yet. Most say no, but a few had it already by the time I found the post and a couple others just chimed in that they got it too.

Back