Anyone had this reboot scenario?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This morning my phone kept going into a reboot loop. I tried uninstall this and that, ALL the tips on this forum I could find , both batteries,2 chargers, etc. The CPU was very sluggish, battery running 105 just too boot up and juice was dropping like a rock with each reboot,vznav kept trying to update itself. After a while I noticed every time vznav would go to install the update it created, seemingly, the bootloop then it would reboot, download, try to install, repeat. Even unplugging it from the charger (standard battery only lasted about an hour then needed charging) it would freeze up and wouldn't wake when plugged in but went into bootloop instead .Stopping the download would cause a reboot too. I finally caught it before it started download, switched it BACK to manual download, the battery stopped acting up, CPU got fast again, no more bootloops since.
Any ideas on what was happening? Watch Dog said Android os was using 43% CPU and core apps, whatever that is, was using 40% so I guess that's where the heat and battery drain was but I'm lost on the vznav trying to install causing a bootloop.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

HowardZ

Reaction score
I keep Google play store's autoupdate option off - unchecked.

I do recall a Verizon navigator update in the past few days, I let it update, and it was uneventful.

I am using the .10 stock ICS leak, and rooted with SuperSU.

Its good you figured it out without having to resort to booting up recovery and doing a factory reset.

Howard

TWC42

Reaction score
Having same issue with VZ Navigator for Rezound. Mentioned it on a thread in the Rezound help forum. Since many are having this issue, it appears that some incompetent boob at VZW put out this update. Hope the feedback will get it fixed. The recent update to the wife's Incredible 4G went smoothly.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Turned my auto update off. Anyone else have this problem with navigator?

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Having same issue with VZ Navigator for Rezound. Mentioned it on a thread in the Rezound help forum. Since many are having this issue, it appears that some incompetent boob at VZW put out this update. Hope the feedback will get it fixed. The recent update to the wife's Incredible 4G went smoothly.

Sorry it's happening to you but I'll sleep better knowing I won't wake up to a phone that is dead or on it's way to death via bootloop and a toss out of the window of a moving vehicle.
I'll be honest,I haven't been real happy with Android since froyo. I'm fed up with broken promises to fix broken firmware.
I'm not going to root my devices and with the fragmented firmware all over the place I'm apprehensive to update more than 1 app at a time.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post