Anyone else unable to send/receive MMS Handcent?

bullswife98

Reaction score
Killa_beatz,pull up app drawer,scroll to messaging, pull it up then hit menu key,hit settings (uncheck notification this will keep it from notifying you twice,in the statusbar) scroll to auto retrieve check that and also check auto retrieve in roaming, check auto delete as well.

Rooted,RZRecovery
Rom: Liquid Gingerbread v1.8.5
Kernal:RZR,250/1250oc
customized my way!!

Nebulous

Reaction score
I'm late to the game, but none of the advice so far has fixed mine

Hello -

I realize I'm 7 months late here. But I've probably been experiencing this for at least that long - I've just lived with it and apologized to people who sent stuff I couldn't receive.

As with others, I have no trouble sending and receiving text. But I cannot send or receive multimedia messages.
  • I called Verizon. They had me test send/receive of a photo in the stock app. It worked.
  • I tried the same thing in Handcent. It didn't work.
  • Verizon checked account settings for me and all my family members. Everything was copacetic. I am the only person out of 3 on the plan who has this problem.
  • Verizon rightly concluded that this was outside their domain.
  • I followed the advice here to enable autoretrieve and roaming autoretrieve both in Handcent and in the stock app. They were both already enabled.
I saw advice here that suggested checking the battery manager to make sure it is in performance mode. I'm not sure I understand that. I don't have a battery manager per se that I'm aware of. I do use Android Assistant which does a lot of things including allowing me to tweak certain battery drains. But I am pretty sure this problem existed before I got that app. It also reports on my battery. Currently it says my battery voltage is 3871 mV. Not sure if that is good or bad.

LG Ally (NOT rooted) with Android 2.2.2 and Handcent 3.9.9.9

So what should I do now? I have considered a Handcent uninstall/reinstall, but will I lose all my stored messages? And would it be likely to help anyway?

Thanks for your assistance,

~N

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
Same here. Thought it was fixed on the last handcent update but I guess not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
I figured it out at least for me - I had wifi on but cell data off. Once I turned it on they sent and received just fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums