Anyone else unable to send/receive MMS Handcent?

Bg8780

Reaction score
I've never (3 weeks) been able to send or receive MMS messages ever since installing Handcent. I really like the messaging app so I'd rather try to fix it than ditch it.

Anyone else having issues?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
can you still send messages using the stock messaging?

i can't think of any setting off-hand that would disable handcent from being able to send messages.....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
also are you stock? rooted? (if so, are you running a ROM? if so... which one? :))

musicman

Reaction score
Have you tried the uninstall then reinstall method. I find it fixes many problems like yours.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

Bg8780

Reaction score
Sorry should have included it in OP

I am running Chevyno1 SS 4.9 1ghz ULV kernel. I have deleted the stock messaging app. Does that app handle MMS messages thus causing the problem. I only have Handcent installed.

phunkyjoey

Reaction score
Sorry should have included it in OP

I am running Chevyno1 SS 4.9 1ghz ULV kernel. I have deleted the stock messaging app. Does that app handle MMS messages thus causing the problem. I only have Handcent installed.

I think Handcent still uses the stock messaging app, so uninstalling it caused the problem. I'm sure you could find the apk somewhere if you didnt back it up

OP
B

Bg8780

Reaction score
Ok, that must be the problem. That is ok, I am going to try a new ROM tongiht anyways. Gonna go to UD and see how that is.

Thanks guys!

phunkyjoey

Reaction score
Ok, that must be the problem. That is ok, I am going to try a new ROM tongiht anyways. Gonna go to UD and see how that is.

Thanks guys!

I'm currently on UD 2.4 myself and like it a lot. Never used any chevy roms, so I can't compare the 2 though. I hear that UD 2.5 should be coming out any day now. Enjoy

OP
B

Bg8780

Reaction score
How is your battery life and which kernel are you running?

I am guessing SLV means super low voltage right? I am used to it saying ULV, just want to make sure.

Thanks!

PuneE

Reaction score
I have this same problem, and because handcent is so popular, so many ppl think it's related to handcent.

I do NOT have handcent, have only ever used the stock msging app.
Yes, Im rooted,
Yes, Im using buglessbeast .6.1

my MMS was working fine until abt 3 days ago. I havent changed anything, havent switched roms or even added removed any apps. i tried a test MMS in&out today and I finally managed to rcv one but still stuck on "sending" for outgoing. ive had my outgoing mms in limbo on "sending" for the past 3 days

someone's who's figured this out, pls report back.
one person back from 2009 said they called verizon and vzw wrongfully limited someone's data/msg allowances and they fixed it.
But Im on a family unlimited data & msging, and the rest of my family is fine.

will try and report back if I figure this out.

mrenoch

Reaction score
Solved: Problem receiving MMS on Handcent (verizon motorola droid 2)

I just spent a long time troubleshooting a problem receiving MMS messages after installing Handcent (verizon motorola droid 2). MMS messages weren't coming through either on Handcent, or on the stock text messaging app.

I found that I needed to enable settings in two different places.

1 - the auto-retrieve setting in the main android setting

2 - the auto-retrieve (and roaming auto-retrieve) settings in the Handset app itself. It seems that the Handcent settings override the main android setting (and, affected receiving mms messages in the stock app ???) so these need to be tweaked. For some reason the defaults were off.

Get to the handcent settings from the main handcent listing view, menu, settings.

Anyway, this worked for me.

HTH.

onebreezymonkey

Reaction score
Didn't read the entire thread but I had the exact same problem with my handcent after deleting the stock messaging app. Once I reinstalled the stock app, the MMS issue was resolved. For me it had nothing to do with settings or the like; merely the presence of the stock messaging app.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bullswife98

Reaction score
Handcent piggybacks off of the stock mms. Deleting the stock mms will definitely mess up your messaging! If you don't want to receive notifications from stock mms or even use it, then uncheck it in your settings. Put it on auto retrieve,check auto delete,check roaming. Handcent will automatically take over from there. When you send a message a options box will pop up asking you to set either mms stock or handcent as default choose handcent as default,there your done. Send and receive from your handcent shouldn't be anymore problems. Hope it helps.

Rooted,RZRecovery
Rom: Liquid Gingerbread 1.8
Kernal: Stock 250/800oc
customized my way!!

killa_beatz

Reaction score
I am currently having the same problem. Where do you find the auto-retrieve in the main android setting?

I just spent a long time troubleshooting a problem receiving MMS messages after installing Handcent (verizon motorola droid 2). MMS messages weren't coming through either on Handcent, or on the stock text messaging app.

I found that I needed to enable settings in two different places.

1 - the auto-retrieve setting in the main android setting

2 - the auto-retrieve (and roaming auto-retrieve) settings in the Handset app itself. It seems that the Handcent settings override the main android setting (and, affected receiving mms messages in the stock app ???) so these need to be tweaked. For some reason the defaults were off.

Get to the handcent settings from the main handcent listing view, menu, settings.

Anyway, this worked for me.

HTH.