Anyone else having this problem?

droidonefanatic

Reaction score
Hey guys, I seem to be having some trouble with my Droid 1. Whenever I exit an app 9 times out of 10 all of my icons will disappear and it will become very unresponsive for about 10-20 seconds. During that time I am able to move about the different screens, but like I said before, there are no icons. After awhile all of the apps will come back in pairs. For about 5-10 seconds after that it is still unresponsive. Then finally, it goes back to normal and I can use my phone. Here is a short video showing you what happens. My Droid is rooted, CM7 mod, and clockwork mod recovery. Any ideas what the problem could be?

[video=youtube;X8U37ohx_rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8U37ohx_rs&context=C3d1fb2aADOEgsToPDskKIg_t81ZlkBDB0lkfLb25w[/video]

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Home screen is redrawing. It's a VERY common D1 issue. You can try things like forcing the launcher to stay in memory, but it most likely won't do much.

OP
droidonefanatic

droidonefanatic

Reaction score
Well thats probably true, but right now I am reading about this "V6 Super Charger", and a lot of people say it seems to stop home screen redrawing. Maybe I will try that and see if it helps anything.

Durandgir

Reaction score
V6 is tricky honestly every time I have ever used it, all it has done is screw everything up. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it has happened on my last Droid and this one.

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

MrTommy

Reaction score
Gee, I thought this was just a problem with my old vintage Moto Droid. And it doesn't happen with all apps, just some, and right now I can't name which ones. CRS, you know. So I've just been sitting by patiently, and it all comes back. I was thinking it just happens because I've got a bunch of apps, some of which are running all the time and it was overloading the CPU's capability. I solved it by, uh, not worrying about it, as long is it all comes back. :frown:

RobClay18838

Reaction score
My droids runnin liquid 3.2, don't have that problem. But I think moving some apps to the sd card helps. If you haven't done that already. Try it

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
droidonefanatic

droidonefanatic

Reaction score
V6 is tricky honestly every time I have ever used it, all it has done is screw everything up. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it has happened on my last Droid and this one.

Really? Because the script worked wonders for me, and it was very easy to install once you understand the vague instructions. :D I recommend if you have the redrawing problem you should definitely try it.