Anyone else had this problem?

sports96

Reaction score
After I rooted my phone the Superuser Permission icon is not the Ninja with a sword. I have a icon that looks like the Market icon without the carry handle and it says android on top. When I click on the Superuser Permission icon I get this a green plus sign 10100:10100 0:0 /system/bin/sh. Everywhere i read they say your phone is not rooted unless you get the Ninja icon, well is mine rooted? If I could get my phone to print screen then I would show you what the icon looks like but I dont know how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
After I rooted my phone the Superuser Permission icon is not the Ninja with a sword. I have a icon that looks like the Market icon without the carry handle and it says android on top. When I click on the Superuser Permission icon I get this a green plus sign 10100:10100 0:0 /system/bin/sh. Everywhere i read they say your phone is not rooted unless you get the Ninja icon, well is mine rooted? If I could get my phone to print screen then I would show you what the icon looks like but I dont know how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Not sure what may have caused the icon to change. Download Drocap2. It will allow you to take screen shoots and only works on rooted devices.
Good Luck,

Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks

I have the same icon. Doesn't mean anything, you're still rooted.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
how do i add a signature to my messeges on my droid?

Welcome to Droid Forums. This has nothing to do with the topic here. Perhaps if you go to the new members area and post the same question you can get an answer for it. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just that if we answered it for you now you'd be hijacking the thread and I'm sure you don't want to do that.:)

OP
sports96

sports96

Reaction score
I dont think I am rooted because i downloades Drocap2 and i get Failed to execute drocap2. Is there anything else I can try?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think I am rooted because i downloades Drocap2 and i get Failed to execute drocap2. Is there anything else I can try?

Try opening your terminal emulator. Will it allow SU permissions?

Mike

OP
sports96

sports96

Reaction score
Might be a stupid question but how do I do that?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Go get Android Terminal Emulator from the market, open it up, tyep su. If it says permissions denied you aren't rooted.

OP
sports96

sports96

Reaction score
Here is what my Superuser Permission icon looks like. Does anyone know why?

Or how I can get the Ninja icon?

Attachments

• snapshot.png
    snapshot.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 204
OP
sports96

sports96

Reaction score
Possibly

Could it be that I am using the Sweeter Home?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could it be that I am using the Sweeter Home?

I do not use Sweeter Home so I can't advise.

I reread an earlier that Hook posted where he indicted he had the same icon so perhaps he can respond about Sweeter Home.

Were you able to try terminal emulation to see if you do, in fact, have SU (super user) permission?

Mike