Anyone else disappointed with Locale?

M

Matth3w

The idea is friggin awesome...but I have it set to turn off WiFi when I leave the house and turn it on when I get back...it never seems to pick up WiFi when I get back home.

It's also set to turn off Bluetooth when I get home, and it does that no problem...and it sets it back to ring instead of vibrate...but never seems to get the WiFi correct.

Do you think this is a problem with the app or something with the phone picking WiFi back up? Hasn't had a problem before...

chassum

Reaction score
Same here. I uninstalled it and now use timeriffic.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had Locale set to change my call notification to Vibrate when I was at church. Yes, it did that, but it didn't change the email notification, so I got a loud DRROOOOIIIIDDDD. Maybe there's a setting for that, but since I lost the free program when I had to have the phone reset, I'm not willing to pay $9.95 to find out.

Last edited:
OP
M

Matth3w

There is a setting...you have to click the little down arrow and then you can select separate notifications for both types...you can further select if you pay 99 cents for a plugin that lets you control everything separately.

The problem is, the phone doesn't do a very good job of quickly changing between areas via the GPS even when I have strong signals. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes to change on my phone...so feasibly if you were late for church it could still be on the old setting once the service started.

I will probably keep it just for the night setting at least...but not sure if I will keep the rest.