Anybody's yahoo email go down today?

marcvoc

Reaction score
I removed the Yahoo mail account, power cycled the phone, then added the Yahoo mail account again and now it's working. Still just the basic Yahoo mail account, not a paid Yahoo Plus account. Guess we'll see how long it lasts.

OP
S

S281

Reaction score
dammit, yahoo email went out again today. WTF, why is it on and off every few days. What a beat down. I wish i knew what the prob was. :icon_evil:

Mojo

Reaction score
dammit, yahoo email went out again today. WTF, why is it on and off every few days. What a beat down. I wish i knew what the prob was. :icon_evil:

Again.... The Droid requires a Yahoo Plus account for it to function correctly. I know lots of people have had the free yahoo mail working on their devices. But for a lot of people, they are having issues. A memo was sent out to all VZW retail and agent channels telling us that Yahoo Mail is not supported on the Droid but a Yahoo Plus account will work. I know you had yours working, I even have mine working... but it is what it is. And I don't think there is a lot we can do about it :mad:

12master

Reaction score
hello,Im having the same problem,and the only way that I get it to work was to turn on wifi,and turn it off again (not matter if is off,you have to cicle it on/off),and I have a non paid yahoo mail account working! try that! beliebe me,Im a experinced droid owner! (on my fourth now,due to usual screen black out,and gps not working)

OP
S

S281

Reaction score
hello,Im having the same problem,and the only way that I get it to work was to turn on wifi,and turn it off again (not matter if is off,you have to cicle it on/off),and I have a non paid yahoo mail account working! try that! beliebe me,Im a experinced droid owner! (on my fourth now,due to usual screen black out,and gps not working)

I'll try that nxt time .I did a power off/on and now it works again. If it goes down again ill fwd it to my gmail I guess.

pkay

Reaction score

Again.... The Droid requires a Yahoo Plus account for it to function correctly. I know lots of people have had the free yahoo mail working on their devices. But for a lot of people, they are having issues. A memo was sent out to all VZW retail and agent channels telling us that Yahoo Mail is not supported on the Droid but a Yahoo Plus account will work. I know you had yours working, I even have mine working... but it is what it is. And I don't think there is a lot we can do about it :mad:
I have a Yahoo Plus account. WiFi is off. It works sometimes for a few days, then stops working for a few days. I am currently in the "stopped working" cycle. Please don't tell me it needs a Plus account, turn off WiFi and such. The fact is, Yahoo IMAP just doesn't work all the time on the Droid. If Gmail's web interface was as good as Yahoo, I would switch.

viperboy

Reaction score

I have a Yahoo Plus account. WiFi is off. It works sometimes for a few days, then stops working for a few days. I am currently in the "stopped working" cycle. Please don't tell me it needs a Plus account, turn off WiFi and such. The fact is, Yahoo IMAP just doesn't work all the time on the Droid. If Gmail's web interface was as good as Yahoo, I would switch.

Just forward your Yahoo! mail to your GMail and tell it to leave a copy of it on the server so that you can go on your Yahoo! from you computer and use that interface and all your emails will be there but from your phone, it will work better for you.