anybody have any ideas on what kind of apps they want made?

Hypermentality

Reaction score
I would go from being 95% in love with the new Droid X to 110% in love if there would be an app that increases ringtone, media, & speakerphone volume. I came from the Blackberry 9530 and compared to that phone, the Droid X is overall considerably quieter. I've done quite a bit of research on this subject and have found that since the Droid X's release yesterday morning(7/15/2010) there have been numerous complaints regarding this issue on all the different online forums. If only there was an application that allows us to increase the different volumes above and beyond the current factory set volumes, that would be great and I believe that more people would use the app than one would realize.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I love docking my Droid and using it as my alarm clock and now with the Sirius/XM App. it would be great to have my alarm set to open the Sirius/XM App. instead of playing some song or sound on the phone. Making the Droid a true Alm Clock Radio:)

Get Alarm Clock Plus V2 from the market, and you can! It has a "wake to app" option. I now do exactly what you describe.

What I am personally waiting for is a hacked or alternate Sirius app that can give us Howard Stern and the other blocked channels, like Pocket Tunes does for the iPhone.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Someone wants a Skee Ball game...
Sounds fun to me. I remember playing that at an amusement park and being pretty good at it...

droid15

Reaction score
Android needs an auto tune app like the iphone. I think it's called Sound like TPain or something. It was a hit for the iphone so I'm sure you could make some money off of it, but if you do make it remember who gave you the idea lol.
I had that app when I had an iphone and it was my favorite app. Unfortunately its not on the android market, btw the app is called "smule tpain"

Reserved Name

Reaction score
something that allows me to pause/play my music with the camera button on the moto droid. since it has soft and hard press maybe while the music is playing, hard press could go to next track, hard long press for previous track. That integrated with the music app, or even with mspot player would be terrific. Thanks for your interest

Rax

Reaction score
How about a good RPN calculator for engineers.. My kiddos keep taken mine(HP48GX and HP50G)

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Probably exists but.......a wish list or save for later for the market.

I see apps I want to install later but forget about them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lions62

Reaction score
JASONB, I’m an IT employee that works for a company that uses (IBM) Lotus Notes. Lotus Notes seems to be fairly used throughout. There are only one or two apps that sync directly to Lotus Notes and you have to purchase them. One is mNotes which is 69.95 and I have not had any success in getting it to work. If Droid Does there should be an app to work with Lotus Notes like Blackberry offers. Just yesterday, Droid lost a sell because a user asked what he should buy that will sync with Lotus Notes. Most everyday our users are buying the Droid but I cannot supply them with a good solution on what will work. This could be one more advantage for Droid in the business world of today.

ohcop72

Reaction score
There was a good idea out there called "ALEX Digital Secretary" but they never released it and don't think they ever will. Google it and check it out, I think that could be the best selling app on the market.

Ryank10909

Reaction score
I would like to see an app that turns AD hoc networks into visible networks for PS3's. or a Tethering app that lets my PS3 connect to my phone!

OldPalmUser

Reaction score
PIM - Personal Information Manager, what "smartphones" where soposed to be, what they used to be, what Android needs to become.

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH, the 3 most important features of any PIM device is:

1. UNIVERSAL SEARCH
Search of the entire phone (not the internet), search through all your personal data, thru the contacts, notes, calendar, spreadsheets, memos, to-do lists, word processing files, SMS/MMS, thru every native apps, thru every 3rd party app data, anything and everything on your phone (not the internet) quickly and completely the way Palm OS did. Fast information retrieval of your personal data and databases is the most important and single most useful thing on this planet as far as PIM’s are concerned. Not links to twitter, not cool little icon creation tools, not fun cutesy little play things, but real world useful things.

2. UNIVERSAL CUT/COPY & PASTE
The ability to copy an address or sentence out of a text message or email, (not the entire message, only the portion you need) and paste it into a contact, or paste it into a memo or task field, or it into Google maps. Or Copy part of a to-do list item and paste it into a spreadsheet, or copy a value out of a spreadsheet cell and paste it into an email etc.

3. DESKTOP APPLICATION to sync with.
A desktop application to sync with, to back up all your PIM information (contacts, calendar, to-do lists, memos, wordprocessing files, spreadsheet files etc, to your PC and vice/versa (without being forced to use Outlook). Not syncing to “the cloud”, I don’t want all my personal info spread out all over the internet for who knows who to snoop through. I want my personal info on my phone and my desktop PC only. A Desktop application to be able to do the bulk of your data entry from your PC then syncing it to your phone instead of having to type out and tons of personal data, such as useful formulas, extensive notes about people, long letters or ebooks you want to cut and paste into your desktop app so you can sync it to your phone so you can read it on the road at your leasure without trying to type all that data into your little touch screen pad. To be able to look up information and data stored on my phone without not having to wait on a slow connection as it stores and retrieves from the cloud. And to be able to look up the same information on my desktop app when I can’t find my phone. To backup my data or retrieve it without being dependant an internet connection. When I lose my old phone, I want to be able to sync the new phone to my Desktop application had have all my personal info and data files loaded on to my new phone putting me right back in business without skipping a beat.

Primary PIM Apps to be fully intergreated with each other on the phone and on the Desktop are:
* Calendar/Scheduler/with very flexible alarms (i.e. repeat every third Thursday etc.). Should have Day/Week/Month/Year views.
* Contacts/Addresses/People that will show the long names on the screen when you select it.
* To Do List (KISS applies here, just need to easily slide line items up and down on the priority list and/or give it a changeable priority level, and to be able to attach longer notes if need be)
* Memo/Notes/Flash Cards to store anything and everything you think to write down to take note down, any thought, idea, note, comment, list of items, what someone said – Any and all inputs instantly retrievable by the “Universal Search”.
* Media/Pictures/Video/Music sync between desktop and device.
* Third party attachment handler (to automatically sync spreadsheet files for instance).

Store, Retrieve, and Manage/Manipulate Personal Information, that’s what Personal Information Managers (PIMs) are for. Not for doing animated gifs or other cutesy time wasters.

This is something the Twit(ers) writing software today don’t understand, not everyone has the luxury of laying around drinking soda pop and twittering each other all day, most of us need to actually get some work done in the real world. To manage and access personal information as well as internet info.

I would have switched from Palm OS to iPhone a couple years ago but the iPhone had no universal search or universal copy/paste at the time which made the iPhone worthless game machine to me. So I stayed with Palm. Now that Palm OS is being replaced with WebOS, I see now that the “new blood” writing the new Palm WebOS software left out the 3 most important things, the very things that made Palm great to begin with. So I bought a Droid Incredible, it falls flat on it’s face as a PIM, now I am back to carrying two devices a Palm OS for an actual working PIM, and a Droid for all the other “cool” stuff. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Droid but it would be nice to get them back into one device again. The industry sometimes goes backwards instead of forwards. Now I see that Apple finally caught up to Palm by including a universal search and copy/paste into the iPhone finally, Android needs to catch up to Palm OS also, in a hurry, otherwise I may have to sidestep to an iphone when my one year contract is up.

PalmOS had a much more precise touch screen, all you had to do to select text was touch your fingernail, pen, or stylist to the letter you wanted to start with and drag to the end point to highlight the text you want, and then hit Menu/Copy. The new Johnny-come-lately touch screen phones do not have a precise way to select text directly, though the iPhone has come up with a good workaround for this, it’s not quite as fast and easy as the PalmOS but just as accurate at selecting only what you want, and it is universal just like the Palm.

If and when iambic ports Agendus to the Android OS it will be a great day for Android users, but the MOST IMPORTANT thing is we still need universal search & copy/paste across all 3-party applications. When I was a palm user I didn’t see the need for Agendus (a very robust PIM) because it seemed redundant on the Palm, but I could see the need for it on other platforms such as Windows devices, iPhone, BlackBerry etc. Now that I am a Droid user I see the need for Agendus for the Android. Agendus is starting to sound like a great Idea, a robust PIM application that can be ported to any new phone platform that comes out, that way you learn one app and keep it with you across platforms as the phone market keeps changing.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
That sounds good but I still want user -definable filters for the Market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mridude

Reaction score
I am looking for an app for my Droid 2 that combines email and text messages and displays more than one message at a time. What I really want is an app I can keep on my home screen that shows 2 to 4 of the most recent messages so I dont have to open in-boxes unless I see something important.