anybody have any ideas on what kind of apps they want made?

jasonb

Reaction score
i am hoping to develop some android apps very soon. my dad is a software developer for IBM. he was on the front lines when java was new and has been working with java ever since. he has offered to help teach me java and we will be developing apps together. we have an idea for an app he wants to make but i am drawing a blank trying to think of other good ideas of what to make.

so if anybody has any ideas, i'd like to hear them.

baniels

Reaction score
Find out what sold well on iPhone that is not represented on Android. Go from there. Don't violate patents on anything (if they exist)

B1-66er

Reaction score
I want something, preferably in widget form, that you can turn on that will automatically respond to texts and im messages if you are "away". Would also be nice to be able to change the message to whatever you wanted it to be

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
I want something, preferably in widget form, that you can turn on that will automatically respond to texts and im messages if you are "away". Would also be nice to be able to change the message to whatever you wanted it to be

ok. i will look into it. :)

what IM program do you use?

JCo352

Reaction score
Android needs an auto tune app like the iphone. I think it's called Sound like TPain or something. It was a hit for the iphone so I'm sure you could make some money off of it, but if you do make it remember who gave you the idea lol.

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score

just looked around and i found two apps in the market that already do this. one is free and the other is $2.99. i simply searched for "sms away".

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
anybody else have anything they want???

i just went through and made the "flashlight app" that the online android tutorials walk you through. i tested it on the emulator and it's on my phone and works. :) so step one (of many, many steps) is done.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

i just went through and made the "flashlight app" that the online android tutorials walk you through. i tested it on the emulator and it's on my phone and works. :) so step one (of many, many steps) is done.

here an idea if possible.. I live in a state that has powerball.. if you can make a scanner that reads barcode on bottom and tell you if you won anything that would be cool.. ( i kinda doubt it possible but i am not a devolper so i would not know)

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score

here an idea if possible.. I live in a state that has powerball.. if you can make a scanner that reads barcode on bottom and tell you if you won anything that would be cool.. ( i kinda doubt it possible but i am not a devolper so i would not know)

i'd probably have to contact and work with the lottery people i would imagine. don't think i'm ready to do that quite yet.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Keyboard default based on orientation

How about a small app that will allow you to set default different keyboards based on screen orientation:icon_ banana:

Example: I LOVE Swype when I'm in portrait mode because of the one hand operation but when I'm in landscape mode I find the HTC keyboard more convenient.

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
How about a small app that will allow you to set default different keyboards based on screen orientation:icon_ banana:

Example: I LOVE Swype when I'm in portrait mode because of the one hand operation but when I'm in landscape mode I find the HTC keyboard more convenient.

will definitely look into it. thanks! :)

anjoga

Reaction score
I want a good baseball game scores, standings, and stats app. I have yet to find one with a nice usable interface, that uses minimal resources, with clean, well done text and graphics.