Anybody else buy the full version of NFS: Shift?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
how do you guys installed in via adb? im kind of new to adb. did you installed it on your sdcard?

edit: nevermind i found the command to install via adb but it still to big. I ran the script for Jrummmy to install on sd. Its 'intalling" as i type. let see if this works.

edit again: sweet it installed n worked.

Last edited:

Tominator

Reaction score
when will there be a easy normal way to get this game? my incredible still says not enough memory when trying to install....clearly it has tons of free memory though

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what I hear, it will be "Droid X exclusive" for a month or two - after that, I understand it's supposed to be available on the Marketplace. I am not sure how to get it on your D'Inc, Tominator; as the app2sd trick from Froyo for the DROID won't work on it and that's the only practical way I was able to get it to install.

Initially, I was going to wait but once I got it on my sdcard and found out it worked, I just had to buy it. I've been waiting for this since it was announced.

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
I bought the full version, and already beat it :) it is probably one of the coolest mobile device games I've ever played, including iPhone games. It is great and hours of fun. Even after you beat it its still fun to show off to your friends the true power of android!! It's like ps2 graphics lol.

Brick

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought the full version, and already beat it :) it is probably one of the coolest mobile device games I've ever played, including iPhone games. It is great and hours of fun. Even after you beat it its still fun to show off to your friends the true power of android!! It's like ps2 graphics lol.

Brick

*LOL* yeah, it's identical to the iPod Touch version, but with better graphics. To be fair, i'd say it's "better than ps2 graphics" for the simple fact that the resolution is higher, I believe the ps2 was running 640x480; this is 854x480

I actually think the polygon count is higher as well. I'd go as far as to say the graphics remind me of late-gen xbox(1) games.

I agree with you that it's a good "show off" app - some of my more skeptical friends didn't believe I was really playing it and thought it was some kind of video demo until I let them play.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmmm in my opinion the graphics arent as good as i thought. and thats never psp / ps2 quality. it have to be better then gran turismo on psp / ps2. and simply it isnt.

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, i'll admit it's not as good as Gran Turismo, but hey; you have to admit....... Not many PSP/PS2 games are. Look at the development time for GT on the PSP, it was supposed to be a launch title. Those GT games are HIGHLY optimized.

To my eyes, NFS: Shift on my DROID is MUCH clearer than NFS: Shift on my PSP Go, though.

In the end, it doesn't matter. NFS is a hell of an accomplishment for a phone game.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes. and to bad im from germany and cant buy the full version :(.

btw : sorry that im not very often on the forum right now. i have a lot of work to do actually and its very hot here so im not so often on the pc. hope u understand. but im beta testing a new upcomming game and will write a article about it on the weekend for the droidblog. greets.

Reaction score
For a game that runs smooth, even on no overclock (when my battery is at 20% and clocked to about 400) I don't know why it had to be next to impossible to find the demo for. You would think they would be all over promoting it. I didn't even run a full demo race before hitting purchase. Sadly, I have gone through 3 full charge cycles just playing it. Not much battery drain for a fully featured game, either. I was impressed, and that is not easily done.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

drkow19

Reaction score
hmmm in my opinion the graphics arent as good as i thought. and thats never psp / ps2 quality. it have to be better then gran turismo on psp / ps2. and simply it isnt.

Wow, read your statement here, then contemplate life (jk!). You are comparing this game, a port of previous Need For Speed games made to run on a phone, to Gran Tourismo, a game that takes at least 3 years to develop? That's the top and bottom of video game racing. You should be comparing this to mediocre racers on the PS2, which it seems similar to IMO I never owned a PS. To me, this game feels like NFS 2 for PC, but has a lot of the features of today's racers, so it's a good tradeoff. But it needs multiplayer badly.

Psychokitty

Reaction score
Enjoying the full version, but it bumps off my live wallpaper when I exit the game.
Running BDs Froyo.

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Enjoying the full version, but it bumps off my live wallpaper when I exit the game.
Running BDs Froyo.

Which live wallpaper? If it's a free one, I can test and see if it does the same on mine. I'm using the Super Mario LWP with the stock FRF84B launcher, and not seeing this issue.

Or, it could just be an issue with BDs launcher and LWPs. Sounds like an issue when switching back to the desktop from OpenGL mode.

tu3218

Reaction score
To install this, do you have to use ADB or can I just put it on my sd card an use astro to install? thanks

Also I have froyo an apps install to my sd card.

Psychokitty

Reaction score
I downloaded it to Astro and installed it from there. After I made the full purchase I moved it to my SD using Titanium.