Any wet screen protectors and VZ cases???

Rento

Reaction score
Just ordered a Note 4, wish I ordered it over the internet... Completely forgot about free overnight. FML.

Anyways. Total bummer after bummer after bummer just minutes after getting off the phone.

First, all the cases I want, do not properly fit the Verizon Note 4. Doody-pants!

Second, All the screen protectors don't fit well because of the curved edges. Doody-pants AGAIN!

Okay, so. I might just order a Caseology Bumper Frame case anyway and just modify it to work. Really want that gold trim ring around it.

Screen Protectors... I am coming from a Droid RAZR MAXX... It's SUPER old tech. However, there's one thing about that phone that worked out well that seems to be a huge issue on the Note 4.

The RAZR MAXX has a curved screen. I have had a Realook Precision Fit screen protector on it for 3 years. Not kidding. It's got it's stress marks and what have you. But it fit the curved edges 100%. Here's pics to prove it:

Now that that rant is over...

Are there not any old school 3M precision fit screen protectors that fit the Note 4 instead of those flimsy hard plastic cases...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Spigen has made adjustments to their cases. They made the mic hole wider in the Neo Hybrid in particular. Myself and at least one or two other members of the forum ordered them to find that we sounded muffled on calls because the TPU piece covered the mic. They sent us each a redesigned TPU piece with a wider hole so it's universal.

As well, cruzerlite has only one TPU only case right now, but it also has the wider hole for the mic.

As for screen protectors, those that use them (I personally don't) are still waiting on a good one. So far, it seems all of the tempered glass protectors especially leave kind of like a "halo" around the screen due to the curved edges.

It's a new device and many case makers rushed their products to get them out in time for release, but they're realizing there's a difference in models.

If there's going to be a screen protector that works, it looks like it's going to be a little while, but I'm sure someone will eventually come up with one. The Note line is quite popular and I can't see third party manufacturers letting sales from accessories for the 4 slip through their hands.

Last edited:

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Jonny covered all your questions very well! I will add that I am using the Otterbox commuter case and it fits the Verizon Note 4 perfectly:).

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
If you're looking for a wet application screen protector, check out Skinomi TechSkin. I've had good success with them on some of my past devices.

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
How much of a difference did the widened hole of just the TPU section do... Seems like any sound travelling into the tiny hole on the trim piece would just make it so the sound had to echo/bounce around before eventually getting to the mic...

I'll just keep running around looking for a perfect fit screen protector, I know there's great brands out there but they don't always deliver perfection to every device sadly... Need pics.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How much of a difference did the widened hole of just the TPU section do... Seems like any sound travelling into the tiny hole on the trim piece would just make it so the sound had to echo/bounce around before eventually getting to the mic...

I'll just keep running around looking for a perfect fit screen protector, I know there's great brands out there but they don't always deliver perfection to every device sadly... Need pics.
Seems to have done the trick actually. There's not much for it to bounce off of. The tpu is rubber, so it doesn't bounce. Sound bounces off of hard surfaces.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Seems to have done the trick actually. There's not much for it to bounce off of. The tpu is rubber, so it doesn't bounce. Sound bounces off of hard surfaces.

Sent from my Note 4

Sounds good. I was wanting the caseology equivalent to the neo hybrid, but the fact the revised version works perfectly pushes me towards it more...

Also going to go with the skinomi screen protector I think. All the negative reviews are from lazy people.

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Ordered the Neo Hybrid case and a IQ Shield Liquid Skin. Heard it's a perfect fit and doesn't have issues with the S-Pen... Not sure how often i'll use that thing, but that's a plus. I'll report back!

I wish the forum was more active with the Note 4................... I'd like to read up on it.

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Posting a new thread on the screen protector... I think I found the one...!