Any way to underclock yet?

hxdrummerxc

Reaction score
One thing that i loved on my OG droid was the ability to underclock with setcpu all the way down to 250mhz when i wasnt using the phone.

I had it set to autmaticall underclock when the phone was locked or asleep.
It saved battery life like crazy...... it would last me almost 2 days with moderate use.

Im loving my GNex. But if there is one thing i want..... its more battery life..... and an underclock would help immensly.

Is there any way to underclock it yet? Unlocked and rooted.

alucard9114

Reaction score
Im using setcpu 2.0.1 down to 350mhz not seeing any lag so not sure if its working could be the 1gb of ram.:icon_ lala:

Last edited:

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
One thing that i loved on my OG droid was the ability to underclock with setcpu all the way down to 250mhz when i wasnt using the phone.

I had it set to autmaticall underclock when the phone was locked or asleep.
It saved battery life like crazy...... it would last me almost 2 days with moderate use.

Im loving my GNex. But if there is one thing i want..... its more battery life..... and an underclock would help immensly.

Is there any way to underclock it yet? Unlocked and rooted.

I believe devs are still hard at work on that matter. I think you can underclock it to 1ghz for a minimum anything below that the phone goes crazy.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
This rom is amazing it fixed all the graphics problems even the degradation break up on the spinning planet test in quadrant.

I'm about to check it out. I knew stock ROM wouldn't last that long for me. Lol. :D

OP
H

hxdrummerxc

Reaction score
Just installed the Android Revolution HD rom (amazing by the way)

I can also confirm that under clocking now works. Quadrant score was much lower when under clocked to 700mhz (put my device under the Droid x2)
Then I put it back to stock clock speeds, and It blew everything out of the water :biggrin::biggrin::hail:

suliman

Reaction score
is there overclocking on that rom too? i remember reading something that said underclock works on factory speed but when maximum is increased the min becomes 1000

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score