Any way to get stock d2g camera .zip?

richsapf

Reaction score
I have HeXen 1.0.1 and miss the automatic 'advanced' edit feature... Where can I get the stock camera for Droid 2 Global .zip file and just install it through bootstrapper. I do not want another camera app because you can not go directly from camera-menu-edit-advanced edit....

with any other program you need to open that app first...that being said, I really am just looking for the stock .zip for the camera..

Thank you in advance..

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP
R

richsapf

Reaction score
I apologize about 3 posts with same question.. I had no clue which fourm was correct one to post that particular question in., I knew someone would be upset about it knowing 3 post was a lot; however not flooding...

yes i searched Google extensively

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the stock app relies on the Blur framework.

You cannot use it without Blur.

OP
R

richsapf

Reaction score
Gasa, Thank you so much...that makes sense... Now can I use stock ROM but put Hexen Theme?.. I am going to try that now... here goes another hour with rsd4.9:)

OP
R

richsapf

Reaction score
So, how do I add 'advanced editing' after taking a picture, without using another app...

I want to, all in one smooth transition:
-take a pic,
-go to edit,
-go to advanced edit,
-re-size pic to make it smaller,
-then share it via email--------- All without having to close the camera app and without having to open another app and editing it.

Stock app has that on D2G, but i love Hexen so much.

Reaction score
You don't need that. Take your picture. Click the camera roll. Click your picture. Hit the menu softkey. Choose share. Choose messaging. The stock app in hexen will resize the image for you automatically, just like any of the good messaging apps out there (handcent and GoSMS come to mind)

OP
R

richsapf

Reaction score
Hi Niceguy,
Thank you, I tried that, went to send a 'widescreen' size pic via Gmail and the size was 1.1mb...still too large for me.. i liked having an option... just by chance i went to PicSay Pro, and it did what I wanted so that is solved...

Is there anyway to somehow add that option into the hexen camera.. Like add a script to the app folder? or would that be impossible?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Possible, probably, but theres no point. Theres no need to resize. The other day, I snapped a pic, loaded gmail app, attach and send. Same for GoSMS. Just attach and send.