Any way to connect my DX to my Car's iPod Connector?

GeneralZod

Reaction score
My VW Tiguan came with an iPod connector that allows my car's stock stereo to control and play an iPod through the head unit. My iPod is on its last legs. Is there some sort of cable that would allow me to go from the stereo's iPod connector to my DX, in a manner that would allow me to control my DX and read the MP3 tags via the head unit?

Thanks.

galaxy80

Reaction score
I don't know of any way to connect through the connector, but if it has a 1/8" aux input jack, you can purchase a 1/8-1/8 cord just about anywhere and connect through that and the output on the top of the phone and go through the aux setting on the radio. I have an aftermarket deck in my car and that's how I connect. If you do it that way, you can also make calls and hear the caller through the speakers of your car. Makes it very convenient on me while driving and talking to my girlfriend lol

xan

Reaction score
Some ipod connectors will see droid as a media flash drive....some will not. What happens when you plug it in?

OP
GeneralZod

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses.

I don't know of any way to connect through the connector, but if it has a 1/8" aux input jack, you can purchase a 1/8-1/8 cord just about anywhere and connect through that and the output on the top of the phone and go through the aux setting on the radio.
With my current radio, I can essentially navigate and manage my iPod, through the touch screen head unit of my stereo. I get to see the MP3s tags on my display. I'm looking to see if I can somehow maintain the same level of functionality with my DX.

I use something like this: Bluetooth Adapter Audio Receiver For Iphone/Ipod/Ipad | eBay
The one I got was white with a Sprint label for around $20. Converts any IPOD dock/cable to BT. Even works with my steering wheel controls. Some stereos treat the output as one song called "bluetooth". YMMV...
I can already play my DX via BT in my car... but it sounds like ****.

Some ipod connectors will see droid as a media flash drive....some will not. What happens when you plug it in?
When I plug it into what? The iPod connector does not connect to a DX... that's essentially my issue. Ultimately what I'm looking for, is something to bridge the gap between my iPod connector and my DX.