Any untethered root for GB?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see the one from TBH where you install Froyo and root it and then install a pre-rooted ROM. And I see a 1 click root out for .602 but that appears to require a PC and you have to re-root it every time you reboot the phone?

Is there a true 1 click root out yet, maybe something that I missed, something more like the old Z4Root from Froyo?

leftspin

Reaction score
use the one click D3 root, works fine and you can reboot the phone to your heart's content

Snow02

Reaction score
You don't have to re-root when you reboot. But no, there's no app-based root for gingerbread on moto phones.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's super easy. Yeah, you need a pc, but you literally open the program, plug the phone in and it roots it for you automatically. It's permanent too, not temporary.

D2-CM7GB(9/19)

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a link to the right one? The ones I found require a PC, but then they say that every time you reboot the phone you need to reroot it. I didn't see the one that is permanent, but maybe I am just being a goober...

Snow02

Reaction score
Anyone got a link to the right one? The ones I found require a PC, but then they say that every time you reboot the phone you need to reroot it. I didn't see the one that is permanent, but maybe I am just being a goober...

Goober. There's only one method.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well spank my a$$ and call me Sally.... LOL

I don't know what the heck I was reading, perhaps it was the DroidX root and not the D3 root. haha.

Thanks! Worked like a champ, I think. I mean it says it rooted, but I need to actually go install something that requires root to test it.

Is there an updated list of all the bloatware that it is safe to get rid of? I typically just rename the file extension to xxx.old so that I can rename it back if I need to.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you see superuser in your app drawer, it's a done deal. It won't even be on your phone unless it worked.

D2-CM7GB(9/21)