Any tips for an Android Newbie?

A509_1980

Reaction score
I currently use a D2 which works awesome, but i am interested in rooting my D2, any tips or other considerations i should think of before doing so? I am somewhat new to Android software but find it all to be very interesting and intriguing, any feedback will be greatly appreciated:motdroidhoriz:

draexo

Reaction score
I used Z4 root. Worked for me and it is one step.

Once you root, you need to decide what you are going to do with your phone. I personally have a bootstrapper so I can get into recovery and make a full backup of my phone. For that I use Droid 2 Bootstrapper. This full backup is called a nandroid backup. You want to have one, especially if you are going to mess with different Roms. I also use Titanium backup to backup apps and freeze apps. I have yet to install any custom Roms, though I am looking at the Get R Done Rom.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

worldofross

Reaction score
Good and Easy to use app to root your phone

I am farily new to androids too.. I found Z4Root app to root/unroot my phone with just one click... so easy to use.... Hope this helps :icon_ banana:

chrisl20

Reaction score
I have a tip...the droid 2, is significantly different from the droid 2 GLOBAL...which is the section you are in....you can root your phone w z4root and use d2bootstrapper, but, don't flash any roms for the global unless you are prepared to sbf, the droid2 forums are their own lil sections, just like droid 2 global, but the subsections are sprinkled together, so bookmark the correct ones....and the search button up top right will cure all your curious needs...so will the god-send known as google

OP
A509_1980

A509_1980

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips, and recomendations, and next time I post I will be sure to use the correct section

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

chrisl20

Reaction score
Lol, sorry man, I didn't mean to come off as an a$$, its just a biiiig stressfull pain to sbf your phone after trying to flash stuff for another phone....reading both sections of the forum wont hurt anything though...you can never learn too much,...but, if I were you...I would check out Liberty 2.0...I rocked 1.5 on my d2....thennnn it got jacked and they sent me a d2g...my life has been horrible ever since... ...be sure to read about rooting, macking nandroid backups, how to prepare to sbf(better to learn before u actually haveto do it), rom choices (liberty is a custom 'rom'), theme choices(liberty has a great selection in its toolbox, freezing bloatware, overclocking, underclocking, why NOT to use task managers...and, yah, I think reading up on all that will keep u busy for a minute....have any more ?'s feel free to ask man...were a community, that of which helps each other, I don't want u to get the impression of otherwise

OP
A509_1980

A509_1980

Reaction score
@chrisl20 thank you for sharing some tips and recomendations, I can't wait to mod my D2, all the ideas and info I have been receiving have been getting me excited about rooting my D2, just im not sure what ROM to use, I do like blur, but hey performance is what really matters, right?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

worldofross

Reaction score
When I am wrong don't tell the wifey LOL

My eyesight is bad. Happens?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL 2 using DroidForums

chrisl20

Reaction score
Lol, yah sh*t does happen, @op, go w liberty....it has very little blur, but TONS of mod choices, the developers r TOP notch, and it was my rom choice on my d2...im even goin to flash it w the grd rommer so it works on my d2g...its solid.to say the least....if you need any help w nething, at all, pm me and ill give u my # and can walk you through...I've done that w a couple others so far