Any roms for the gb ota?

thebird36

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if any of the roms will work with the new gb ota? Before I update I want to see some roms first

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm sure most of them work, but they won't be running the updated kernel. There hasn't been enough time to build a ROM from the OTA.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea but mad annoying

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

You should try it..I mean, if your looking for what may just be the best ROM for custimization(fast theme changes) speed, also zero blur..its an experience you may never want to leave..Most of us flash addicts(lol) still like trying new ROMs and all, but always come back usually within a matter of days...lol ...very, very impressive and then there are great Devs contstantly updating and its like a treat every couple of days to day by day...or "Nightlies"...hope you try it!! I have over 40 themes,in the theme chooser..lol and there are many many more...the animations are quite remarkable and oh yes, the settings are very usefull.....enjoy! :)

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

OP
thebird36

thebird36

Reaction score
i really dont care about alt lock i never use it lol and idk bout romming for me my screen is totally screwed up i doubt its from rooting and romming but it still is taking a crap every now and then

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
i really dont care about alt lock i never use it lol and idk bout romming for me my screen is totally screwed up i doubt its from rooting and romming but it still is taking a crap every now and then

Wipe data and should fix the stalls and freezes, or fix permissions in rom manager..or wipe data and caches and hit up cm7! Nice!

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

OP
thebird36

thebird36

Reaction score
Ok can ou tell my how many clicks down it is to wipe data? I can't see my screen only the backlight comes on

OP
thebird36

thebird36

Reaction score
Nvm my screen worked for that but don't I need root for rom manager?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Ok can ou tell my how many clicks down it is to wipe data? I can't see my screen only the backlight comes on

What the heck did you do? How do you even know you're on CWR right now? Wipe data/factory reset is 2 clicks down. To click on Yes - delete all user data, that will be 4 clicks up (shortest way to get to it).

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Yes, you need root to use ROM Manager. You need root to apply any ROMs to your phone.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Oh friggin' hell! Wtf? I went into CWR to give you how many clicks to get to each. When I was done I went to click back so I can reboot. Instead it goes ahead and wipes my user data. Man am I pissed right now.

Htown315

Reaction score
Who cares about friggen alt-lock??? CM is great..press alt twice and move on its not a big deal.

Not using CM because of Alt-Lock is like not sleeping with Jessica Alba because she a freckle on her back.

Last edited: