Any hints for minimizing the pain of a Factory Reset or setting up a replacement ?

chuckr01

Reaction score
After struggling with a battery dying faster after the ICS upgrade I finally bit the bullet and did the factory reset as many posts suggested. What a pain, my Backup Assistant helped but I still had to reload all of my Apps and rebuid my home screens. After all of that effort, my battery is still dying faster. Now Verizon is sending me a replacement phone. I will have to do it all over. Is there a way to back things up with Google or something else? I thought the Apps would load from Google. Maybe I didn't do the right choices when all of the Next, Next options appeared during the reset.

As of now there have been 203 views of this question and no replies. I conclude that thare is no way to help or this was too stupid a question to bother with. I guess I'll just go through the lengthy process of rebuilding when the new phone arrives. If that doesn't fix the battery issue i'll just make sure I have a power source handy and live with it.

Last edited:

mattjenn

Reaction score
There is apps on market to back up and restore the apk's to sd card but unfortunately unless you are rooted you can't back up app data and if you send them back a rooted phone it could void your warranty. As far as battery life after update mine was horrible too but I booted into recovery and wiped cache after that I get 10 or so hours on a charge with very heavy use. Hope this info helps.

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums

Hikertrash

Reaction score
As far as battery life after update mine was horrible too but I booted into recovery and wiped cache after that I get 10 or so hours on a charge with very heavy use. Hope this info helps.

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums

Just how do you do that?

mattjenn

Reaction score
Hikertrash said:
Just how do you do that?

Power off phone then press power and both volume buttons scroll down to recovery using volume down and press volume up to select and when the android guy pops up press both volume buttons and then the blue text will pop up scroll down with volume down to wipe cache partition and press power button after that select reboot with power button again all done