Any good documentation for the Droid?

Legalgear

Reaction score
I am a windows mobile user (formerly) and I miss the familiar interface with "disks" etc...

Does the droid have a file system or anything like this?

For example I downloaded Frodo the c64 emulator, which is fine except that I can't send any files to the Droid nor can I download any from the browser. I hope I like this but I am really missing my familiar Windows phone right now.

J

JohnDroid

I am a windows mobile user (formerly) and I miss the familiar interface with "disks" etc...

Does the droid have a file system or anything like this?

For example I downloaded Frodo the c64 emulator, which is fine except that I can't send any files to the Droid nor can I download any from the browser. I hope I like this but I am really missing my familiar Windows phone right now.

You can mount the droid on your computer similar to any "flash/usb" type drive. There is a way to set up folders for Music, Videos, etc... not sure how to isntall the c64 emulator though, I've not tried that yet.

OP
L

Legalgear

Reaction score
I have a mac (yeah, I know..this is why people stick with windows) and it won't recognize the droid by just plugging it in. I can't see anything that looks like a file system.

jscotti

Reaction score
You also have to mount the disk from the Droid - it won't just appear automatically like most removable drives. If I remember right, on the notification bar a USB icon appears, open the notification bar and press the USB icon and then select "mount". Then you can see your Droid like any other removable drive on your computer. I assume it works the same on a Mac (I only us PCs).

J

JohnDroid

You also have to mount the disk from the Droid - it won't just appear automatically like most removable drives. If I remember right, on the notification bar a USB icon appears, open the notification bar and press the USB icon and then select "mount". Then you can see your Droid like any other removable drive on your computer. I assume it works the same on a Mac (I only us PCs).

Yup, I'm mac here too, so there are plenty of Mac users here :)

OP
L

Legalgear

Reaction score
Well, I got it to mount. So far so good. I was able to copy the files over to the Droid. Step two accomplished...

Man, that manual that Verizon gave is a piece of crap...

Anyway, now is there a "flie explorer" function for the droid?