Any downloadable firmware copies of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for the SCH-I535?

Tailgun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
I have been looking for a way to get 4.2.2 for my VZW S3 without having to do a complete factory wipe. Are there any painless ways to get this done without having to install someone's custom ROM? I have previously rooted this phone.

Thx

sjpritch25

Reaction score
NOPE. Only way is to unlock bootloader and flash a AOSP ROM. All TW ROMs are still on 4.1.2. Not really much of a difference though. Not sure why you would need the update.

Mike Jones

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
zach morris brick phone
There's definitely a way. I think the update only came out a few days ago. Give it a solid month or two & somebody will have it. When the 4.3 update came out, I stayed on 4.1.2 while everyone was in "pandemonium" on the forums saying how they cant do this anymore or cant do that. Im now running the same exact 4.3 touchwiz ROM. I think 4.3 is great. Im going to wait a few months to put on 4.4.2 because it gives me the feeling of having a new phone rather than wanting something different sooner. By waitIng, it increases the longevity of your phone and & saves money.

cindylike24

Reaction score
A very common sense approach Mike - good point! :)

That's exactly why I'm staying with my Samsung Galaxy S3. When I started to have problems with the phone holding a charge (tried multiple batteries with the same issue), I called Verizon and got a warranty replacement. They tried to get me to upgrade to a different phone with their EDGE program. I told them no thank you because I really love how the S3 works for me. I just want a phone that will hold a charge better and the replacement works like a little champ for me. Besides, if I had upgraded my phone, I would have had to buy all new accessories to go along with this phone and go through the headache of trying to sell the S3 accessories. Sorry but not what I want to be dealing with now. I upgraded to 4.4.2 when it came out via OTA on Verizon Wireless on 06/20/14. I absolutely love it! It's almost like I got a new phone with this OS.

I'm now looking to root my Galaxy Tab 2 so that I can get a custom KitKat ROM so that I can get that same feel for my tablet.