[ROM] 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Droid Concepts {ALL NEXUS DEVICES}

mrcooms

Reaction score
I cannot get a wifi tether to work at all since 4.2.2. I just downloaded this ROM this morning, previously rooted with no custom ROM hoping I would be able to get my wifi tether working. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong? Do I need to be enabling something on this ROM or am I doing something wrong. My work laptop can at least see the hotspot, but it will never connect. My personal laptop cannot even see the hotspot.

mrcooms

Reaction score
Using the native tether option. Correct password?
I have downloaded a couple different apps to try. Yes, I have put in the correct password several times. I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by native tether option.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Settings/More/ Tethering & Hotspot

Use that. Never fails. Set a new password for it in its settings.

mrcooms

Reaction score
Settings/More/ Tethering & Hotspot

Use that. Never fails. Set a new password for it in its settings.
I set it up, no luck. Deleted the other wifi apps in case they were causing some sort of confusion. No luck. Renamed hotspot under "Settings/More/ Tethering & Hotspot" no luck. I'm able to connect to the wifi here at McDonalds (bless them for having free wifi since I got rid of my cable modem so I could use my phone.) but anytime I try on my phone it gives me the connected icon with the little exclamation mark. I have deleted the previously remembered wifi networks on my computer as well. What the heck?!? Just so that we're clear, I'm trying to tether without paying Verizon to use their tethering service, in case that is what you were thinking I was trying to do.

Last edited:

mrcooms

Reaction score
Go to play store and DL hotspot toggle. Works for me.
Nope, no luck there either. I went back to stock and tried some other things as well. I'm not sure what is preventing me to connect, but it doesn't seem to want me to use wifi tether from this phone.

Carpetman

Reaction score
I know that it's been said, but, go to settings, wireless and networks, more, tethering and portable hotspot, set up Wi-Fi hotspot, security, I use WPA PSK , click password, type in password-must be 8 characters, hit save. Now go to your computer or tablet and try to connect after putting in the password that you set up on your phone. Hope this helps.