Antivirus or not?

T0M65

Reaction score
Hiya! Should I use an antivirus app on my Razr if I only download apps from the Android Marketplace? If so, which one should I use? Does it have an impact on responsiveness? Thanks.

techgov8

Reaction score
I download from everywhere and never used one. They seem like a waste

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
I have 2 on my phone lol. Better safe than sorry... Never has found a virus but they're free, don't take up battery, and also have other good features like gps tracking if you lose your phone, and back up.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

MrTripStack

Reaction score
I'd say that if you're only getting apps from the Android Market, an antivirus is not needed all of the time. Personally, I try to pay attention to the app's permissions before installing it. I used to use Lookout but I noticed that it was always running in the background which caused a bit of battery draining on my phone.

Virus protection on an Android smartphone will always be one of those debates, just like "task killers". Some people say it's necessary and others say that it is completely useless. Ultimately, it's up to you rather or not you install it.

techgov8

Reaction score
Yea but every droid phone I've had I've done the same things on and never got anything. I used torrent clients all the time on my droid x and never had a problem. I guess it's personal preference

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What I do is this.... anti virus tries to make the phone respond in a different manor than intended.... so I don't use it.... however once a month I download a good antivirus and do a check... then I uninstall it... right or wrong... idk. But that's what I do.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

techgov8

Reaction score
What I do is this.... anti virus tries to make the phone respond in a different manor than intended.... so I don't use it.... however once a month I download a good antivirus and do a check... then I uninstall it... right or wrong... idk. But that's what I do.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

That's good I've done that once in a while and checked but its always nothing.