Antenna problem in the Galaxy S3....

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am coming from the HTC Rezound with ICS, and the S3 is really lacking:blink: in the antenna department, heck my Rezound would connect to my WiFi at least 200 feet from my router, once I reached by my house at least 50 yards outside my Rezound would pick up my WiFi connection, on the other hand the S3 does not connect to my WiFi until I actually enter my house "usually through my garage" and it takes a few seconds to lock on. I guess there was a reason that HTC kept the antenna contacts on the back cover, I think this method helps, instead of the antenna connectors getting buried inside the phone.
I also notice the bars fluctuating by the way I hold the phone "most of the time it's at 3 bars, once in a while with 4 bars", don't know what to do, might just return it, anyone think this is a software issue and will it be resolved in the near future, the phone is fast and smooth, but the reception on it is lacking.

Last edited:

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Hmmmm. What good is a phone with poor reception. I was worried about Samsung because of this issue. The Rezound radios are killer. Haven't received my phone yet, so i cant help, but i will respond as soon as i get it. I am giving the Rezound to the wife so i will be able to make some good comparisons.

skennelly

Reaction score
I've not noticed any issues as far as cellular reception. However, wifi yes. My gtab2 is the same with poor wifi. I think that is a Samsung issue.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Sounds a little better. Please let it be relegated to WiFi only problems. I could live with that, because i plan to use the S3 as my wifi, so no problem.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The top two speed tests where run on my homes WiFi with my S3, the dbm was at -95. While at the same time I ran the same speed test on my Rezound on wifi right next to my S3, the Resound dbm was at -74.

View attachment 53022

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I do like the feature of watching a movie while able to do other things on the phone, like posting on this forum, and its smooth as hell.