answering phone calls

srs310

Reaction score
Are there any apps that will allow me to only tap on the screen to answer the phone instead of sliding it across to answer?

Hacker

Reaction score
I have trouble using the slider to answer. Been looking for something like this, thank you.

Last edited:

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have trouble using the slider to answer. Been looking for something like this, thank you.
i think thats common sometime, I have the issue as do both my parents

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want you can also try Tedd's Droid Tools

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, neither approach (and I've tried both) is foolproof. It's unclear why the problem is so widespread and so difficult to reproduce reliably. I suspect it has to do with the o/s being subjected to too many simultaneous demands for service from apps. And that is very difficult to predict or reproduce.

I have found that if you let the phone ring a couple of times before trying to answer it, the problem appears to be less frequent. What seems to make the problem worse, by the way, is to repeatedly swipe or tap the phone in the hope of getting the attention of the o/s to answer.

chudilo

Reaction score
Does everyone with the problem run LauncherPro ? I'm starting to think it might be the reason for kicking the Phone app out of the memory?

HAKmaster

Reaction score
I've been having a delay when answering calls for the past couple weeks. I just started using Launcherpro a few days ago, so I don't think that's the problem. But the lag when answering a call is really annoying.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
no LP here... I've also seen where I'll get a call and some random mp3 will play as the ringtone instead of my set one... it really confused me when I was listening to pandora and an old podcast randomly started playing :icon_eek:

chudilo

Reaction score
I've been having a delay when answering calls for the past couple weeks. I just started using Launcherpro a few days ago, so I don't think that's the problem. But the lag when answering a call is really annoying.

What have you changed about your phone recently?
Did you install any apps, remove a task killer ? Can you think of anything ?

HAKmaster

Reaction score
Nothing that stands out. I can't even really remember exactly when I first noticed the delay, but it's been at least 2-3 weeks.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does everyone with the problem run LauncherPro ? I'm starting to think it might be the reason for kicking the Phone app out of the memory?

No, the problem has been around longer than LauncherPro and while I run LP, my wife doesn't and the problem is a major pita.