Slide to answer calls????

transfan

Reaction score
How come sometimes I must slide to answer my phone (which I like) and then sometimes there is just a button to answer and one to ignore (which I don't like)

I should indicate I am using widgetlocker, which isn't perfect. I just have no interest in a phone ringing and one just need tap the screen one time to answer the phone.

Also still looking on an answer to if there is a some way to use the external buttons on the phone to control a music player while the phone is locked and the screen is off. For instance, the camera button could be play/pause

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not positive but I believe the later occurs because that particular contact has been set to send directly to voice mail.

OP
T

transfan

Reaction score
Not positive but I believe the later occurs because that particular contact has been set to send directly to voice mail.

nope, this occurs using the same phone # and in one instance widgetlocker shows up, and in the other the stock lock screen shows up

So maybe the call thinks that it's bypassed the lock screen so it's okay to use a less "secure" way of answering?? Is there a way to always make it harder to answer, even when not asleep??

tu3218

Reaction score
I thought the slider comes up when the phone is lock, so of course you don't actually answer a call when your phones away in your pocket, etc. An then the button appears when your phones already unlocked and you already using, since theres no reason to have a slider due to the fact that your using it already. I thought thats how it worked.

OP
T

transfan

Reaction score
That is how it works. In my case BOTH are happening when the phone is locked. Seems to be random as to which one happens.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
"Also still looking on an answer to if there is a some way to use the external buttons on the phone to control a music player while the phone is locked and the screen is off. For instance, the camera button could be play/pause"

My phone does exactly that. Discovered by accident. Somewhat annoying as I was at my neighbors after the death of her husband and the button got pushed and music started playing. Haven't figured out, nor looked, on how to control it yet

I'm running SS 4.9 if that helps.