Answering Phone calls on Samsung Gear

CaptainT

Reaction score
When my Samsung Galaxy 4S is linked to my Gear and I get an incoming call, the call is answered automatically. I do not get the option to answer on either the Gear or my phone.
This is very annoying since there are times I do not wish to take a call or can't. When my phone is on silent it still picks up the call without me knowing and the person on the other end is listening to my conversations. I've taken the Gear back to the Samsung rep at Best Buy. They couldn't help and gave me a new Gear. This one is doing the same thing
Is there a setting on the phone or gear I'm missing?

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
I have a Note 3 with a Gear. I can answer a call on my gear, headset or the base Note 3, depends on which I accept the call on. My "answering/ending call' options are all off.
Also under controls; Voice control and Hands-Free mode are off. Did you verify that both your 4S and Gear are at the latest level?

OP
C

CaptainT

Reaction score
Fixed It!

When my Samsung Galaxy 4S is linked to my Gear and I get an incoming call, the call is answered automatically. I do not get the option to answer on either the Gear or my phone.
This is very annoying since there are times I do not wish to take a call or can't. When my phone is on silent it still picks up the call without me knowing and the person on the other end is listening to my conversations. I've taken the Gear back to the Samsung rep at Best Buy. They couldn't help and gave me a new Gear. This one is doing the same thing
Is there a setting on the phone or gear I'm missing?

I figured out what the problem was. I had the box checked that provides automatic answering when you have a headset connected. I unchecked the box and it works. I guess it should say automatic answering when you have a headset or Samsung Gear connected.