Another Stuck on M Question

xm41907

Reaction score
I've searched the forum exhaustively and can't find a solution to this. I hope someone can help.

I installed Boot Manager Pro and was running off of CM7 and installing several roms to the SD card when my battery died last night. It was doing the almost boot then shuts down thing, so I left it connected to the charger all night. This morning, the battery is still dead. It sticks on the M logo if I have it connected to the charger, but nothing on battery. I've been able to access the stock recovery with the "X" trick and the bootloader with the +and- trick, but the bootloader says the battery is low. Right now I'm at work, so I can't SBF anyway, but I'm just wanting to get this thing to charge. One time, after I installed MIUI, i came across a way to boot into a different recovery (not the stock blue text nor CWM). It had some purple text, I think. I've tried finding that method again, but no luck. Can anyone help? I need to either find that so I can try to force boot into CWM or find a way to charge it enough for the SBF. Ugg!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah you will need to sbf but as you mentioned you will need a way to charge first. Either externally or if someone you know has a droid 1 or droid 2 they can charge it for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
X

xm41907

Reaction score
I figured as much but was hoping I might be able to repair the recovery with that other screen. I thought I'd posted about it, but no luck finding how. I guess I'll have to hunt down someone with a droid 1/2. Does the X happen to take the same battery too?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry for the long delay, working. But no it does not.

OP
X

xm41907

Reaction score
No worries. I found a coworker with a D2 and they were willing to let me charge my battery with their phone. The bootloader looks good for an SBF when I get home from work now. I'm still miffed about the other recovery I found before. It had purple text (I think) and allowed me to choose which recovery I wanted, as well as a few other options. I've searched the interwebs and no luck. It was at the beginning of February, so I'm hoping my home computer still has the site I came across it on in it's history. Oh well. Thanks for the help.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I think you might be talking about during the boot up process when you see the blue led blink on you hold in the volume down button. I don't remember what screen that gets you to but I feel like that is the one you are talking about. Not sure if it will work, just something I remember from MIUI.

OP
X

xm41907

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured it out. That was a MIUI menu. I SBFed back to the R2D2 GB file and all is well. I'm about to install CM7, then attempt Boot Manager again. This time I will not mess with switching roms when the battery is low. Lesson learned. :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Glad you got it all figured out!! And definitely low battery flashing is a big no no.

OP
X

xm41907

Reaction score
I SBFed back to the R2D2 GB and was going to install CM7 over it, but it didn't like the R2D2 kernel. So back to stock I go. There was a wasted 20 minutes.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm still miffed about the other recovery I found before. It had purple text (I think) and allowed me to choose which recovery I wanted, as well as a few other options. I've searched the interwebs and no luck. It was at the beginning of February, so I'm hoping my home computer still has the site I came across it on in it's history. Oh well. Thanks for the help.

[Recovery] RZrecovery - Many Devices - xda-developers This perhaps?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I think we got it nailed down. It was the MIUI recovery menu they had in some prior builds, not sure about now.

And on a side note I wish RZR Recovery was being used on the G-nex, that was amazing on the Droid 1.

OP
X

xm41907

Reaction score
Yeah it was the MIUI Recovery. I'm now back to CM7 running Boot Manager with CM9 as a secondary. All is well with the world. Now if CM9 can work out a few bugs and get everything running, I'll probably switch to it for my daily driver.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Good to hear :) And it will be nice when CM9 gets nailed down for you guys. I am sure it is a ton of work to get it working like it is on an older (but still great) device like the Droid 2.