Another Keyboard Back Light Problem

Shadow351

Reaction score
Hello, A few nights ago i got a text while in bed and went to reply to it (in the dark) and realized my keyboard back light didn't work. Come to think of it I don't ever remember the back light working on this phone. I also noticed that the menu key isn't as bright as the others. I have tried restarting the phone, removing the battery, cycling auto dim numerous times from both the display settings app as well as the power widget. I took the phone to the VZW store on campus (which has previously proven themselves useless, but it is in biking distance) they didn't even touch the phone and told me it needed to be replaced. It is a warranty replacement but it is beyond 90 days. I do have insurance but my deductible is like $100 and i would rather not have to replace it because it is expensive and moving every thing to a new phone is a huge PITA. Is there some other things I could try? I am going home this weekend and can take it by the VZW there.
thanks in advance
-Brad

Attache is a pic of my phone in the dark, sorry my cams not the best in the dark.

antmeyerx

Reaction score
mine stopped working to but my buddy fixed it for me you have to get a completely new one sadly to say its a known problem with OG droids